Author Topic: ISAACS  (Read 877 times)

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
ISAACS
« on: Thursday 07 September 06 19:08 BST (UK) »
Still trying to find g/father Benjamin isaacs i have the info benjamin isaacs 32 penton place
elizabeth isaacs wife born Brighton 1871 census
 also i have elizabeth isaacs wife bornSt George London ,also 1871 census,can anyone  help me as to which one is correct  .  ACKY

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ISAACS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 September 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Acky

If I'm following you correctly, your message is a little unclear.

1. There is a Benjamin Isaacs and his wife Elizabeth (b. London St Georges) children, mother etc on Penton Place in 1871. 

2. There is also Eliza Isaac (b. Brighton) at Waterloo Place, widow with children in 1871.

In 1861 Eliza Isaac (b. Brighton) is married to a Henry Isaac, a confenctioner, born in Holborn.

Does that answer your question?

If not can I ask what kind of documentation you already have to identify Benjamin as g/father?   

Regards
Biker
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 September 06 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi ,sorry for the confusion Ihave RG10/384,but then Iwas sent the 1871 census this said Elizabeth was born Brighton Iwould think that someone read thewrong info .Any idea where i could further into the ISAACS family.  ACKY

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 September 06 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Acky

OK.  I'm sure someone would like to help you out.  First of all, we need to know what documentation you have or what information you are sure about so it can be researched further without going up the garden path so to speak.

Once we've established the firm information, what information are you looking for to further your research?

Regards
Biker

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
   We have researched the family from the present back to Benajim but we seemed to have come to halt then .we have all births ,deaths marriages up to the present date,any info would be welcome   ACKY

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Acky

I think we are talking at cross purposes a bit  :D

What anyone would need to know to trace Benjamin back further is the details of his birth certificate if you have that, or the details from his marriage certificate.  Either of these documents (depending on the date) would hopefully show the name of his father and (hopefully) his father's occupation.

Without that it will be rather like guesswork.

Regards
Biker

Offline acky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 September 06 16:38 BST (UK) »
HI ,Hope you had a good holiday.What a surprise , mentioned to a relative that i was checking all about the family,and i was told that her father had already done it,going back to 1700s, so i will be having sent all the info on the family,Thanks for what you have done  ACKY