Author Topic: Which cemetery  (Read 6375 times)

Offline redspookhunter

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Which cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 September 06 09:34 BST (UK) »
ooh excelent gareth !! glad to be of help ;D
im not normaly usualy pretty rubbish lol ;D
.<br />COTHER bedminster glos <br />WADLEY bedminster glos<br />SMITH bridgewater somerset <br />STAFFORD wexford ireland<br />

ALSO MARRIED TO KOJAK !!!!

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 September 06 23:19 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that,

Do you also know which Cemetary would cover Clydach, Glam..

Thanks

Colleen
Hi,
For your  Clydach burials (I assume  you mean Clydach in Swansea? )  maybe  try St John's church if  your burials are after 1847( the church opened at that date) - It's where I found most  of our Clydach family graves.

This below is what records the Cardiff  archives hold for some of the areas that you're interested in, such as some of the churches in Clydach and surrounds:
http://www.glamro.gov.uk/adobe/Parish.pdf
 I know  Swansea archives basically holds the same copies too for Clydach, so you can go to either to view them,

Have you tried http://www.familyhistoryonline.net/database/index.shtml. to see if your family are listed in the burial database they have on their site ?

The familyhistoryonline site is where I  initially found our own  Clydach family burials  ( I find that Clydach and surrounding areas  are  pretty well covered by them)-  after I found them listed there, I then went to that church when I went  back to my home in Swansea  for Christmas (I'm currently in Australia) and ploughed through their books which have the plot numbers written down in them ( you can do this in the archives and don't need to look through the church's own copies )  and found our graves easily enough.

If you are lucky and  find that their buried in St John's church and you can't get to the archives to look for the plot numbers for the graves in  that  church; I suggest you phone the church itself ( their number is in phone book) . I personally found the vicar of that church  is a pretty nice bloke, maybe he will help you. He basically  let us plough through all his copies in the church of the burials . The graveyard is pretty well looked after and the plot numbers are written on the walls surrounding the graveyard, so it's pretty easy to find certain graves in there - The old  burial books for this church have the plot numbers added to them by someone in very recent times who has gone around the gravestones writing down (next to the burials in the book) where they lie in that churchyard

Hope that is of some help
Kind Regards :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline adicol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 September 06 07:55 BST (UK) »
HI,

I thought it was Clydach, nr Swansea, as Ancestry states so..however, when I was sent the actual transcrition, it is Clydach Vale, Llywynpia.
I am now totally unsure where they will have been buried.
Trealaw has brought nothing up.

Many Thanks

Colleen
DUR; Stephenson, Wray, Collier, Lowther,Rothery
GLA; Jones, Allen, Holland, Nicholas,George,Lewis
ESS; Davey
W.Yorks; Martin, Hodgson, Tyler,Harrold
LAN; Dodd, Constable, Brinkley
Guernsey; Le Riche