Author Topic: Denny/ Anderson photos  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Denny/ Anderson photos
« on: Tuesday 12 September 06 10:56 BST (UK) »
Was just wondering if anybody has any old photos of Denny that may include my ancestors namely William Anderson who lived at East Borland, James Anderson JP who donated the land for Anderson public park in Bonny bridge and Smith Anderson who lived at the Cross, Denny and ran a Carrier business with his dad.David Anderson engine keeper at the railway station or in fact any photos of the eleven children or the eighty grandchildren!! they had. In 1902 William Anderson and his wife Hellen celebrated their Diamond wedding anniversary it would be great if there is a photo of the event some were. In the newspaper article i have it said that they were married by the Rev. Samuel Martin in Denny i know for a fact the said Rev was a minister in Bathgate does any body know if Rev Martin was in Denny or is it a case of Time dulling the memory,thanks Billy Anderson
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Denny/ Anderson photos
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 September 06 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Falkirk Library have all the old Falkirk Heralds on film. I'm due a wee visit there quite soon - so if nobody can help before then, I'll certainly have a look and see what I can find.

There is an 'archive' of sorts on line at:
http://www.falkirktoday.co.uk/mk4custompages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=61649&sectionID=3382
although you'd need to go through each link to see what they all are.

Anne

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Denny/ Anderson photos
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne, thanks for the offer to look up info next visit to Falkirk library that would be great  as long as its not too much hassle,I will check out the web site you mentioned, thanks Billy .
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.