Author Topic: Johnson / Leviston  (Read 1507 times)

Offline OonaMac

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Johnson / Leviston
« on: Tuesday 12 September 06 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I wonder if anyone may be able to help me. 

My grandmother, Violet Elizabeth Johnson was born in Cookstown in approx 1913 to John Johnson and Catherine Leviston.  I have been searching for her birth certifcate to no avail so far.  The only firm information we have is a confirmation of baptism in the parish of Desertcreight and Derryloran, Cookstown dated 25/8/1965, which tells us she was baptised on the 5th October 1913. 
The reason for my interest is that her parents were Protestant and Catholic who married.  They had two other children, Mary and John who were both considerably older than my grandmother and another three children did not survive past infancy. We also know that her parents both died when she was very young and she was subsequently brought up by her older sister Mary in a place called Roughan.  Violet died in 1995, her brother John died in c1965 and her sister Mary died in 1980.  We do not know anything about where Catherine and John came from or have any information on their families.  Obviously a mixed marriage at that time was very controversial and probably meant that they were disowned by their families. 

If anyone is able to point me in the direction of any likely sources of information I would be eternally grateful.
With kind regards, Oona