Author Topic: GODDEN - Hartlip PRs  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
GODDEN - Hartlip PRs
« on: Tuesday 12 September 06 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

Would anyone be kind enough to check the Hartlip PR's for a marriage between a Charles Godden and a Sarah ?? circa 1833, either side a couple of years.  Charles originated from St Ives, Cambridgeshire but as his bride came from Hartlip I am hoping they married there!  I'm looking for her surname and father, also his father etc if possible.  If anyone has supreme patience I am also looking for some of their children who don't seem to feature on the GRO but do on the census and they are :-

Emily born c 1835
Elizabeth c 1837
Charles c 1844
Henry c 1846
Emma c 1848
Ellen c 1853
Clara c 1856

They had more but I've found them on the GRO.

Any help MUCH appreciated!!

Cheers

Alex
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline Nick Godden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: GODDEN - Hartlip PRs
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alex,

Saw your post and was wondering you managed to find the parents of Charlies Godden. Sarahs maiden name is Elliot. Born 1826 - Death 1856.

Thanks

Nick

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick

Thank you, my only query is her birth, if that is right she was only about 7 when she got married..!?

Not sure that can be right, even then!

Alex
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 February 17 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Have you ruled out this marriage ?

Charles GODDING and Sarah ELLIOTT 10 Dec 1836 All Saints Maidstone
bach and sp botp

This baptism looks good :

Sarah Elliott 15 May 1816 Hartlip dau James , labourer, and Mary Elliott
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 February 17 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Looks good, thank you!  :D

Offline Nick Godden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 February 17 05:32 GMT (UK) »
Still unable to find any records of the birth and parents of Charles Godden can anyone help?