Author Topic: Duntocher Men, circa 1898  (Read 11172 times)

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Duntocher Men, circa 1898
« on: Wednesday 13 September 06 02:56 BST (UK) »
I hope this has worked...I've tried to post a photo of Duntocher men, circa 1898 in the hope that maybe someone could lay claim to any of them.  The one in top left is my grandfather, Michael Joseph Cuthbertson (a.k.a. Joseph).
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher Men, circa 1898
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 18:37 BST (UK) »
What a fabulous idea!  I wish I could identify the fellows on the picture.... hopefully other members of the forum will be able to recognize a few of these fine Stalwart Albions?
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 22:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks Debbie, I learned from the best.  ;)
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline farmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 September 06 05:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen,
is this your grandfather at Duntocher Public School?

Offline farmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 September 06 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen -
to explain -
I posted my photo in the early hours, my photo editor wasn't working, I had to download another, so I just posted the photo quickly.
I believe my photo is of Alec, taken from an early class photo of Duntocher Public School.   
If you enlarge my photo slightly, place it beside your photo of Alec, well, tell me what you think.
Your photos are great, having fun trying to see if I know the faces.
Peter

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 September 06 18:29 BST (UK) »
Oh wow!  That sure does look like Alec!
Peter - can you post the whole class photo? I'm sure we would all love to see it.
 Do you know what year the picture was taken?
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline farmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 September 06 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
I was given a number of Duntocher photos by a cousin, I've asked her can I publish them,  I'm waiting for her answer.
I'm trying to find aunts and uncles  in the school photos,  pretty sure I've found my father.
I have two school photos and a football team (1912) photo , trying to establish when the school photos were taken.  The other photos are family photos which are for cousins.
Peter

Offline farmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 September 06 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie
Duntocher Public School, year unknown, man is the "headie".   No pupils identified yet, except for possibles - maybe Alec, 2nd top row middle I think is my father, bottom left boy in between 1st and second row we think is one of our family.

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 September 06 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Farmer, what a great photo!  I agree with Deb, it does look like Alec.  I'll have to get my older brothers and sisters to have a look and see what they think.  Thanks a million for sharing it with us.
Helen