Author Topic: What do I do now?  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Silvilocks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do now?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 20:25 BST (UK) »
Can only find details of the first three at the moment - but that should keep you going for a bit  ;D

From Family Tree to Family History - Ruth Finnegan
From Family History to Community History - W T R Pryce
Communities and Families - J Golby

Have fun!

Silvilocks

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 22:06 BST (UK) »
Will have a look at ebay and see what comes up on there

Thanks again

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Silvilocks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 September 06 07:35 BST (UK) »
Book 4 is Sources and Methods: A Handbook by Ruth Finnegan.

Had a quick look on  Amazon, and these seem to be more widely avaialbe than they were last time I looked - used copies start from around £10.00

*Tells self very firmly that £40+ is quite a few certificates*

;)

Silvilocks

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 September 06 07:43 BST (UK) »
True silvilocks - about 5 certs and £2 short for another - so might just check ebay and if they are more expensive than £10 each will give up and just send for the 6  certs that I can decide on

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline FionaM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 September 06 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,
Do you fancy helping out with another Anglesey family? I've got to know an American called Wesley Jones over the internet, who has ancestors from Llanfwrog and Llanfechell areas. I've been doing a bit of tracking for him as local knowledge helps a lot round here.

He now wants to try and track forward the siblings we've found who stayed on Anglesey when his ancestor went to America, to see if he has any living relatives here he can contact. Tracking forward is freaking me out a bit, so if you fancy a bit of a challenge I'd love some help!

Let me know if you're interested... and congrats on all the success you've been having recently, I've been following it all with interest as we're on the same patch. Just wish I didn't have to trail to Leeds to go graveyard searching.

Best wishes,

Fiona

Armitage, Austin, Bray, Brogden, Cawthrey, Cox, Fielding, Gill, Hemingway, Hutchinson Jackson, Kay / Kaye, Marsden, Marshall, Midgley, Moore, Naylor, Peel, Powell, Priestley, Scott, Sharp, Shooter, Spencer, Stead, Tuke, Wade, Ward / Warde, Wightman and Wood - all from within a 15 mile radius of Leeds. I could draw a circle on an OS map with villages of origin!

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 September 06 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona

Fire away with the details - do you know my email addy? Try my website

I wish I could help you with the Leeds lot but we go to York and only for a day to see Mum and Dad so never get time ot get to the records office there.

Carol

Offline Summers76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family History is our Legacy to future Generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 September 06 01:06 BST (UK) »
Anyone want me to have a look at one of theirs?

Carol

Hi Carol

Sending you a mega e-mail hug, and a glass of wine..relax and enjoy a break..
At the moment I have a Migraine from **** and its driving me crazy as I want to finish off my recent files of research..but I have to be good relax and then go back and enjoy reading all my latest info........
One idea is you could start off a local group, you giving handy hints etc......sounds like we are both workaholics......are you a Capricorn by any chance...seems like a few of my friends same star sign are all hooked.....cheers Summer
SCANLONS- North East-England, also America-Canada
TAYLOR-   England also Ireland
LYDON - England also Ireland
BRENNAN - North England, Ireland, Scotland
BLACKMUR- England

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 15 September 06 01:25 BST (UK) »
No I'm a Taurus

Mind you I have spent the night looking at census lookups for others on boards I wouldn't normally need to go on

Keeps me busy

Carol

Offline Summers76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family History is our Legacy to future Generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 17 September 06 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

After reading the other posts it looks like your going to be one busy lady, but never forget to take time out....relax, read a book, listen to your fav CD,  then once you are re-charged its back to searching........think we may start up a night owls section..lol (I often wonder if one of my g.g.g.grandparents was a night worker....lol) cheers Summer
SCANLONS- North East-England, also America-Canada
TAYLOR-   England also Ireland
LYDON - England also Ireland
BRENNAN - North England, Ireland, Scotland
BLACKMUR- England