Author Topic: What do I do now?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do now?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 17 September 06 01:13 BST (UK) »
Well so far since the first post on this thread.....

I have gone through the census lookups on each board (mainly England and Wales as I don't have access to the Scottish ones)  and found as many as I can

I have gone through my tree trying to find the "loose ends" and seeing what I can do with them. I have found a few that were hiding away in "other spouses" that are only linked to me through one of the parents so i will try to get as much as I can about them before I give up on that line

I have looked for even more information on the subjects that I think would be interesting for others reading my reports

Plus I have my B&B and Steak House to run during the day as it is Illuminations time here (till 5th November). babysitting, decluttering a few rooms ready for the end of the season, visits to York to see Mum and Dad and a few other things as well - they seem to be the things that recharge me ready for the next stint in front of this laptop lol

Carol

Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Lainys

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do now?
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 17 September 06 10:01 BST (UK) »
Carol - sounds like you are going to be really busy ;) Some good ideas have been posted.

Silvilocks - thanks for the book recommendations.  I have read loads of books but never come across these.  Have just reserved a copy of 'From Family Tree to Family History' from the library  :)

Dolly
See the Surnames I am researching on the surname interest table