Author Topic: 1841/51 cen lookup please SAMPSON  (Read 6740 times)

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 cen lookup please SAMPSON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 September 06 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry, i don't have their death dates or have them on the 1861 cen, howver i have found the daughter Mary Ann b. 1826 was married 1843, so thats her out of the question!
  If her parents John/Mary aren't on the 1851 and indeed if we can't get them on the 1861 deos that mean they died around 1841/1851?
 wish i was as good as you people at this!

HUGE thank
Sam-Ann

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 September 06 12:32 BST (UK) »
Not necessarily, it might just mean that the transcriber couldn't understand what the writing said, or made some other mistake.  They could even have been dittoed down in error from somebody they were lodging with.

Who did Mary Ann marry?  What children did they have and do you know when and where?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 September 06 12:52 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann their daug married joseph Scott 1843 york.
I know that Mary Ann Sampson (daug) was b according to cen 1826 Pocklington, on all Census Mary Ann Daug gives her place of birth as york, Pocklington, although one states Pockley!

All i know of her parents are the names john Sampson and Mary and that they were both b. 1796 at York .
don't know of any other children john and Mary had or when they died-nothing.. sorry

Many thanks,
Sam-Ann

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 September 06 13:38 BST (UK) »
I have Mary Ann plus husband and children in 1851, unfortunately no parents living with her, I'm not having any luck finding them but I do wonder where you have the dob information and also the place York? and if its possible that you have read York but is in fact an abbreviation for Yorkshire and maybe nearer Sheffield might be more appropriate?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 September 06 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, I got the DOB info from the 1841 cen for John/Mary and also the Y on the census i think means York?  Also as you know Mary Ann Daug b. Pocklington York.

I do hope i have not wasted your time, i really do. I wonder if Sheffield could be the answer as Mary Ann and joseph Scott had some of their children there, so could Mary Ann's parents be in Sheffield? Sorry, i never gave that a thought.

Kindest Regards,
Sam-Ann

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 September 06 15:44 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann b. 1826 Pocklington her parents are believed to be john and Mary, both b. 1796. w

I'm confused, are you being given other information somewhere else that we don't have to help us?  Your very first question asking for a 1841 census look up, gave the dates of birth of the parents as 1796, which is what I used to search with.

The "Y" on an 1841 census means YES born in County.

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 September 06 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,
I hope i'm not confusing you! Oh dear me.. Yes it is the correct info i gave you off the census, just the Sheffield through me as i didn't know if it would be abywhere near where the family was was thats all, hope you follow. Its just that i was looking at York as a place and not as a county!
the info you hvae given me is correct and wondeful!

thank you so much
Sam-Ann