Author Topic: Aliens over England  (Read 657 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aliens over England
« on: Sunday 17 September 06 09:06 BST (UK) »
I am positive the aliens used Cranbrook, Kent as their experiment laboratory, as every relative I try to track mid 1700's to early 1800's just disappears off the face of the earth.....I know the obvious, that they would be dead by now but why don't they even leave a little clue.  It's not fair - everyone else's family does, so why not mine?
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens over England
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 September 06 09:22 BST (UK) »
One of the problems with Cranbrook is that C of E records are not on the IGI.  The KFHS has produced cd-roms which include baptisms 1558 -1812, marriages 1559 - 1837 and burials 1559 - 1812
It had a fair number of non-conformists.  There are some baptisms on the IGI - Wesleyan, Baptist and the Independent Chapel on the HIll.
There was also a fair amount of movement between neighbouring parishes, again with patchy IGI coverage.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 September 06 09:27 BST (UK) »
The earliest entry for the surname MOORE in the Cranbrook baptisms is for 1561.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 September 06 09:52 BST (UK) »
No, mine were really nasty.  I can see them chortling away that that stupid woman will be trying to find us in 2006 and we'll get her..
I joined the KFHS and purchased the CD's, but that wasn't much help.  I found a few bits and pieces, but the main lot still stayed hidden.
I wrote to the Cranbrook Museum and they give me a bit more information and suggested the National Archives in Kew may be able to help me as they thought the records for the Chapel on the Hill-Independent may be with them.
The LDS site has 7 of the children with birth and baptism date, but after the 1841 census they disappear, some not even on that one as I was only looking for the males.
I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I am damned if I can work out what I have to do to find out what I want and then when I do, I get messed up with the ordering bit, but never mind by the end of the year, it may come to me how to do it.
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 September 06 10:07 BST (UK) »
Here are a couple from the Canterbury marriage Licences:

Henry MOORE, bachelor to Mary JONES spinster, both of Cranbrook, 13 April 1809

Joseph MOORE of Cranbrook, bachelor to Hannah PIPER of Hawkhurst, spinster, at Hawkhurst 8 May 1831

Do either of these help?
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE