Author Topic: CAVANAGH/FRY possibly Lurgan or Gilford area ..1860's/1890's  (Read 3096 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
CAVANAGH/FRY possibly Lurgan or Gilford area ..1860's/1890's
« on: Saturday 06 November 04 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello

In researching my Cavanagh line from Londonderry, I now believe they may have actually arrived there via Belfast (around 1912) and before that Lurgan.

I have found the following which, although I have no confirmed tie-in yet other than the actual names, sounds promising:

*** Info removed by me -  will add again at a later date *******

So, if anyone out there ever comes across anything further on the people noted, it would be great if you could post in the hope I can either tie them in or rule them out.

Thanks for looking  :).
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: CAVANAGH/FRY possibly Lurgan or Gilford area ..1860's/1890's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 December 04 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scotmum

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: CAVANAGH/FRY possibly Lurgan or Gilford area ..1860's/1890's
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 March 05 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Update:

Finally have this one tied-in thanks to an 1896 Birth Certificate and 1901 Census return. Aforementioned names/dates/places are, as I had suspected (or, rather, hoped), part of my husband's line.

Would still be interested though to learn more about James Cavanagh and his wife Rachel Campbell, so if anyone ever comes across anything on them, please do post.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .