Author Topic: BMDs to 2005  (Read 665 times)

Offline Kennington

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
BMDs to 2005
« on: Sunday 17 September 06 20:12 BST (UK) »
I know this isn't strictly Roots chatter but does anyone know when 2005 records will be available at Family Records Centre or on 1837online ?

Thanks, Mary
Searching:<br />DASH - Cornwall ;STEPHENS - Anglesey / Holyhead ;KELLY - Whitehaven / Liverpool ;CARRICK - Wigton, Cumberland ;FARISH - Cumberland ;MASON - Ipswich ;FISK - Suffolk ;PRIEST - Suffolk & SW London ;HAWKS - London & Thetford, Norfolk
SMITHERS - London ;RIDGWELL - Norfolk ;ELSTON - London ;APPLEBY- London

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: BMDs to 2005
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 September 06 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
They'll probably have them in 2007 sometime.  I think It takes 18 months from the event to be typed up into the GRO of England and Wales indexes. If you need to find a certificate that occurred in  2005  I think you will need to contact the local reg office in the area that the event occurred and they will search for it for you.

Quote from the GRO's website below: " If the event for which you require a certificate has taken place in the last 18 months, you should contact the register office at which the details were recorded, or, in the case of a marriage, the register office, church or other religious building at which the details were recorded, as our central records may not have been updated"
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/research/obtainingcertificates/index.asp

I seem to recall 1837 used to say two years somewhere on their website. I know that with one of  my family  members who died in feb 2004, it was only earlier this year that I saw them in the indexes- so I'd hazard a guess it will between 18 months and 24 months from that month the event occurred that sites such as 1837 will have them

Kind Regards :)

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Kennington

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: BMDs to 2005
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 September 06 09:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information.

Mary  ;)
Searching:<br />DASH - Cornwall ;STEPHENS - Anglesey / Holyhead ;KELLY - Whitehaven / Liverpool ;CARRICK - Wigton, Cumberland ;FARISH - Cumberland ;MASON - Ipswich ;FISK - Suffolk ;PRIEST - Suffolk & SW London ;HAWKS - London & Thetford, Norfolk
SMITHERS - London ;RIDGWELL - Norfolk ;ELSTON - London ;APPLEBY- London