Author Topic: sorry - can anyone read this one too please  (Read 11643 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sorry - can anyone read this one too please
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 10:51 BST (UK) »
Jacki

I think at the time, I said that they were both born in Ireland and that that was were you would have to search for their births and their parents.

Read carefully through the other thread. It will give you all the information that we found then.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline charmedc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 10:56 BST (UK) »
yes i remember and tried the different spellings on familysearch and coming up blank in ireland for even a marriage for them...... sorry to trouble you just sitting here once again trying to work out this branch of the family......... tear the hair out material....  ::)
Culley, Cully, McLeish, McIntosh, Robertson, McCord, Webster, Alexander, Brown, MacIntosh, Alexander, MacLeish, Calder, Mitchell, Brown, Gerrie, Gethins, McGlone, Cassidy, Collins, Gaffney, Cruickshank, Whittet, McKenna, Armstrong, Gality, Connelly, Law, Torbett, Pyott, Johnston, Johnstone, Burnett, Fraser, McDonald, MacDonald, Young, Duncan, Fleeming, McPherson, MacPherson

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 11:05 BST (UK) »
PM me your e-mail, I'll see what I've got in my vault :)

They were working in the jute mills - ? didn't Belfast 'do' jute  ???

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 11:25 BST (UK) »
Charmedc

I'm confused too! You had all this info already from the previous thread as posted by Gadget back in July. What's still outstanding?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 11:42 BST (UK) »
PM me your e-mail, I'll see what I've got in my vault :)

They were working in the jute mills - ? didn't Belfast 'do' jute  ???

Gadget

Just checked on google and found this write up on Actor Brian Cox

Belfast-bound A-lister Brian Cox said
My family are all originally from the Enniskillen area, and they moved en masse to Scotland just after The Famine.

"There was a whole group of people from that particular area of Ireland that moved to Dundee to work in the jute mills, and they all lived in Irish ghettos.

"Dundee is an east coast town with a river and it has a very similar feeling to Belfast."

Colette

Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline charmedc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 11:53 BST (UK) »
oh wow thank you so much for that....... i will try and look up that area now...... regards
Culley, Cully, McLeish, McIntosh, Robertson, McCord, Webster, Alexander, Brown, MacIntosh, Alexander, MacLeish, Calder, Mitchell, Brown, Gerrie, Gethins, McGlone, Cassidy, Collins, Gaffney, Cruickshank, Whittet, McKenna, Armstrong, Gality, Connelly, Law, Torbett, Pyott, Johnston, Johnstone, Burnett, Fraser, McDonald, MacDonald, Young, Duncan, Fleeming, McPherson, MacPherson

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 12:17 BST (UK) »
Charmedc

I'm confused too! You had all this info already from the previous thread as posted by Gadget back in July. What's still outstanding?

Monica

I think the only thing that I didn't look at was the 1901 Census, Monica - but not to worry. Colette is on the trail  :D

Hope we can get something sorted.

Gadget

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 12:42 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 19 September 06 12:45 BST (UK) »
Well done Colette  :)

IGI turns up some good stuff now and again. I thought the Irish entries were a bit like my part of Wales - variable  :(  I've hardly found anything on it for my Irish or Welsh lines.

Gadget