Author Topic: Henry C Wrightson and Lavinia Blackett  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Jenzzzz11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry C Wrightson and Lavinia Blackett
« on: Tuesday 19 September 06 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Jennifer Hawkswell and I’m stuck finding a marriage certificate for Lavinia Blackett b.1893 and Henry C Wrightson.

Henry Wrightson b.1873 was married to a Sarah Sutton in 1895 in Birkenhead and when she died; a few years later he married Lavinia. Henry had many children to Sarah and with Lavinia. Henry was born as Henry C Abrahams and was Jewish, he changed his name before he married (or possibly when he married) Sarah Sutton. I do have a possible marriage match for him and Sarah, but not for Lavinia.

Now, Lavinia was born Lavinia Blackett b.1893 and married Peter Iredale in 1916, in Sculcoates, (Hull) which I have a record of and they had one daughter named Peta Iredale. I have searched for the surnames Blackett, Iredale and Wrightson for the elusive Lavinia (in a marriage search) and also searched for Wrightson and Abrahams for Henry.

The Blackett side of my family was predominantly based around Northumberland for a while and I think the Wrightsons’ were based around the North West.

If anyone has ANY information or might know of a way of finding out that would be amazing! 

Thanks, Jeni.

Duplicate posts - see Northumberland board
Hauxwell, Hawkswell, Benson, Lowe, Rose, Blackett, Wrightson, Abrahams, Spence, Rider, Lamb, Sutton, Iredale, Wilson, Holmes, Purcell.