Author Topic: Grays department store - Gray family  (Read 9095 times)

Offline Anthony Eddies-Davies

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grays department store - Gray family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 January 17 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Been a while since the last message on this subject but just seen the previous feeds. My grandfather was Derek Greey of Alvechurch, son of Horace. My mother was Jane Greey (brother of Edward - teddy) as mentioned below.

Offline rosieb14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anthony

Interested to read your message.  As you will have read, I am trying to find information on a Charles Greey, who I have been told either lived in Barnt Green during the 1920’s/30s, or had connections with other members of the Grey family in Barnt Green at this time.  Just wonder if you have heard of him or know anything about the members of the Greey family who lived in Barnt Green?

I’d much appreciate any information you are able to share.

Offline rachelharvey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 September 23 12:20 BST (UK) »
I have been searching my partners tree and found that Edward is connected however his name is Edward Charles Greey born 1856 Bow, London. Marries Ann Hammett 1877 Hackney. Occupation Draper. he has at least 8 children born in the various places he moves to : Bedfordshire, Lancashire, Manchester and Birmingham.  Those children are:
Albert E  bn 1879 London
Horace B 1881 Bedfordshire
Arthur A bn 1882 Bedfordshire
Frederick L bn 1885 Glasgow, Lanarkshire
Annie Evangeline 1889 Manchester
Eliza Constance 1891 Manchester
Mary D 1895 Birmingham

My partners connection with this family is though Edward Charles Greey's wife  Ann Hammett Mother Ann Pett bn 1820 Shebbear Devon - d 1866 Ann Hammett bn 1855 Crediton Devon, is her only child her father Simeon Hammett went on to marry another Ann. And that is where our connection lies with Ann Pett his first wife.

I hope this helps

Rachel 

P S  I would like to ask you a question if that is alright?   My partner Michael Pett has done a DNA test and has found many matches however there seems to be a question mark over his connection with the Pett family but we have only found one on this branch, I wonder have you done one on any site if so which one Ancestry or My Heritage ?

Offline rosieb14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 October 23 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Rachel

Interesting!  Yes I  have done DNA test and its on Ancestry.  Its listed under my full name Angela Bann.   I've looked at my matches and dont have any with surname Pett.  Hope this is of some help to you. I'm only really looking at direct male Grey/Greey family members
Thanks