Author Topic: John gair born 1838  (Read 7366 times)

Offline habanero

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: John gair born 1838
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 September 06 20:52 BST (UK) »
Habanero here again!

One tippet, many agricultural labourers became miners.. strange though it seems due to the danger and well known poverty but mining paid more than tilling the fields.. my ancestor Thomas Robson should have stuck to the fields but when he lost his wife, he went doon the pits and died aged 42 when crushed between 2 wagons and orphaning his kids.. silly blighter!
Grant, Charters, Knowles, Blanch, Robson, Ward, Maughan, Adams, Griffin, Lucas, Ansell, Lumsden

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 September 06 22:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you both

John Gair finished up a trimmer working at the Steiths at Amble trimmers were well paid so as you say the money would be better
Thanks again
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth
I happen to be doing the same tree as you and I have Johns parents down as Robert Gair and Jane Wake they married in St Lawrence Church Warkworth on 17/5/1829 I don't know if this info is of any help I am assuming you are looking for his mothers name?
Karen
SKOULDING, Norfolk and Northumberland
GAIR,LENNON,HEDLEY,WILSON,PEARSON,SMITH,EVANS,ROSE, ROLLO Northumberland
PEARSON,Staffordshire
WELLS, GRUNDILL Cumberland

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Karen

We maybe making up the same family tree
I have found these
Robert Gair     born        1836 Amble Links
John  Gair       born        1838 Amble Links
Edward Gair     born      1841 Gloster Hilll Amble
Elizabeth Gair  born      1845 Gloster Hill Amble
Margaret Gair  born       1849 Gloster Hill Amble

There is a gab 7 years from the marriage to the first child could this be right

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 October 06 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth
Before Robert 1836 their was:
Jane 1830 Amble
Isabella 1832 Amble
Mary Ann 1834 Amble
Karen
SKOULDING, Norfolk and Northumberland
GAIR,LENNON,HEDLEY,WILSON,PEARSON,SMITH,EVANS,ROSE, ROLLO Northumberland
PEARSON,Staffordshire
WELLS, GRUNDILL Cumberland

Offline Michael Wardell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 13:00 GMT (UK) »
I have only just discovered this site. Can anyone join in this chat? I hope so, because my wife is descended from Isabella GAIR Ch 22 Mar 1807 at Warrkworth, daughter of William GAIR and Jane (YOUNG) who we believe to be the sister of the Robert GAIR whose name started this chat and we would love to know what became of the other GAIRS in this family.
Michael WARDELL
mvwardell1@tiscali.co.uk

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael
Welcome to rootschat - do join in!   It might be better if you remove your email address though.   We tend not to publish them in case spammers get hold of them.  If you go into your post you can click the modify button and remove it or put AT instead of @ so that automatic scanning does not find it.  You can contact another rootschat member by using the personal message system - click on the grey square under their name, scroll down and you will find the option to do that.
Regards
Andrea

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael look at your PM

Welcome from a rellie of yours

Elizabeth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael look at your PM

Welcome from a rellie of yours

Elizabeth

You beat me to it Sillgen
Elizabeth