Author Topic: Surname interest LIMBRICK/TANNER  (Read 6162 times)

Offline pjbuk007

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname interest LIMBRICK/TANNER
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 May 07 23:44 BST (UK) »
Ada Kate HATHERWELL was her married name.  but she was 33 in 1901 so if she lived until 80ish the cutting you had refers to a funeral about 1950ish.  If the A K Hatherwell I found was the one, the very latest she could have died would have been about 1970.

But of course your Gran could have kept the cutting for a long time!

Thank you for replying - this cutting is a bit of an unknown for both of us!

Clutching at straws!
BENNET(T); NRY- Brotton, CON
BURTON; NRY- Saltburn, Guisborough, Marske, Stokesley
Judge Newark Lincoln BURTON , USA
DALES; NRY- Brotton, LIN - Orby
DAVIES
GEORGE: GLA - Oystermouth & Penarth, CON
LINCOLN. Middlesbrough, NRY, Durham
PERRETT Gloucestershire
QUESTED London. Assisting with One-name Study.
TRASK; GLA - Cardiff, Barry etc, SOM - South Petherton
WESTED

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lindy49

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 23:34 BST (UK) »
Hello GayGirl

I have a possible birth for one of my Tanners who are from Gloucestershire.  Frederick Arthur TANNER b. 1856. Cheltenham. Have you come across any details for him or his parents during your research :)[email  Moderator comment - email address removed to prevent spamming and other abuses, please use the Pm system to pass such information

Thanks
Lindy49
TANNER. Eastington. Wheatenhurst. Nupend. Dursley. Gloucestershire.
CARTER. Eastington. Wheatenhurst. Nupend. Dursley. Gloucestershire.
CLUTTERBUCK.Eastington. Wheatenhurst. Nupend. Dursley. Gloucestershire.
ROBINSON. Kent, Deptford. Woolwich, Gravesend. Surrey, London.
PATTERSON.  Kent, Deptford.Woolwich, Gravesend. Surrey, London.
HOBSON. Kent, Deptford. Woolwich, Gravesend. Surrey, London.
ARIES. Kent, Deptford. Woolwich, Surrey, London.
PARTRIDGE. Birmingham, Bullring, Owlpen.

Offline NZLimbricks

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 October 07 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think that William Thomas Limbrick (WT Limbrick) is my Great Great Grandfather. I live in New Zealand and trace my Limbrick roots through Napier (NZ). William Thomas Limbrick established the first Post office store on the Marine Parade in Napier in about 1860ish (I have a photo of this store dated 1875).

WT Limbrick had 4 sons, Harry, Thomas, William Isaac (WI, born in England?) and Ernest (born in NZ?). William Issac is my Great Grandfather and was the first mayor of Waipawa in Hawkes Bay until 1913. He died in 1940. His son Gordon is my grandfather who farmed at Tikokino (Central Hawkes Bay) until his death in 1964.

I think that WT Limbrick married Euphemia Tanner from Gloucestershire while in England and they lived in Napier upon emigrating to NZ. WT then bought a hotel in Te Aute, Hawkes Bay. His son William Isaac Limbrick (WI Limbrick) managed the hotel while WT was back in England taking his wife Euphemia to the waters of Bath because of ailing health. He made this journey back to England about 4 times between 1880 and 1900.

WT and Euphemia resided in Clive Square, Napier (the substantial house is still there and is now a medical centre I think). WT Limbrick is buried in Napier in the cemetary on Bluff Hill.

As far as I know Thomas Limbrick (WT Limbrick's son) emigrated to South Australia from NZ when he was quite young. Unfortunately I don't know much about his life.

WI Limbrick married Rhoda McSherry and had 5 children - Euphemia (not to be confused with her grandmother), Norma, Gordon (my grandfather), Isabel(le?) and Lionel.

I can fill you in with more recent history in much more detail. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Offline dottys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 March 10 09:47 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of William Thomas Limbrick and Euphemia Tanner. They immigrated to Napier, New Zealand in 1874. Their son William Isaac Limbrick was the first mayor of Waipawa, a small town in Central Hawkes Bay, NZ.

Offline ewahlquist

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 April 10 03:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think that William Thomas Limbrick (WT Limbrick) is my Great Great Grandfather. I live in New Zealand and trace my Limbrick roots through Napier (NZ). William Thomas Limbrick established the first Post office store on the Marine Parade in Napier in about 1860ish (I have a photo of this store dated 1875).

WT Limbrick had 4 sons, Harry, Thomas, William Isaac (WI, born in England?) and Ernest (born in NZ?). William Issac is my Great Grandfather and was the first mayor of Waipawa in Hawkes Bay until 1913. He died in 1940. His son Gordon is my grandfather who farmed at Tikokino (Central Hawkes Bay) until his death in 1964.

I think that WT Limbrick married Euphemia Tanner from Gloucestershire while in England and they lived in Napier upon emigrating to NZ. WT then bought a hotel in Te Aute, Hawkes Bay. His son William Isaac Limbrick (WI Limbrick) managed the hotel while WT was back in England taking his wife Euphemia to the waters of Bath because of ailing health. He made this journey back to England about 4 times between 1880 and 1900.

WT and Euphemia resided in Clive Square, Napier (the substantial house is still there and is now a medical centre I think). WT Limbrick is buried in Napier in the cemetary on Bluff Hill.

As far as I know Thomas Limbrick (WT Limbrick's son) emigrated to South Australia from NZ when he was quite young. Unfortunately I don't know much about his life.

WI Limbrick married Rhoda McSherry and had 5 children - Euphemia (not to be confused with her grandmother), Norma, Gordon (my grandfather), Isabel(le?) and Lionel.

I can fill you in with more recent history in much more detail. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Offline ewahlquist

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 05 April 10 03:36 BST (UK) »
Thomas Smith Limbrick the son of Thomas Limbrick took up with Mary Jane Ireland, born 1888 in Napier, NZ. The couple had a baby Ellen Mary, out of wedlock in 1907.Thomas, whose family owned hotels and livery stables was seeking a drier climate than the Hawkes Bay district because of his asthma and went to Australia. They landed in Melbourne and wandered about, working in hotels at Marree and Streaky Bay before settling in Adelaide. They wed on December 13, 1913 when Mary was 25 and Thomas 43. They had two more children, Ivy Euphemia (1914) and Thomas Napier (1922).
Did Thomas have a prior marriage in Napier before living with Mary?