Author Topic: Help with 1901 Look up please - Extra Pair of eyes needed  (Read 894 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Help with 1901 Look up please - Extra Pair of eyes needed
« on: Thursday 21 September 06 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi There

I am searching for Martha Brooks in 1901 - she was an unmarried mother of four  :o  who died in 1913 Bolton area.  She was born about 1859 in Darcy Lever Lancashire (daughter of Samuel Brooks and Honor Harrison - rumour has it that she spent a great deal of her life in the workhouses before returning to her sisters house in Bolton because she knew she was dying.

Her eldest daughter Honor (also known as Mary Norah b 1884 Darcy Lever is also missing but it is thought she may have been adopted??????  Two other sons are with George Isherwood (Mary and her two sons were with a Robert Isherwood in 1891 thought to be father of the eldest two boys)Her youngest son is with her sister Jane & William Gornall  in 1901 listed as a 'friend'

An extra pair of eyes would be gratefully appreciated on this one

Cheers
Jan :D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Myfi!

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • flora
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 1901 Look up please - Extra Pair of eyes needed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 06 22:04 BST (UK) »
Could this be her

RG 13/3608

Halliwell St. Thomas
Bolton

33 Broughton St.

Sarah A. Brooks  head  s  47                                  Bolton
Martha      "        sister  s  44 Servant dom. (out during day)  Bolton
John H       "       brother s 35 Cotton Mill lab.    Bolton
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
BERRY-Wexford, Ireland>England
BERNEY- Tullowbeg, Co. Carlow
MUSTY- Oxfordshire>Wiltshire>India
PUFFITT-Filkins,Oxfordshire
HARNESS- EastRiding,Yorks. & Lincolnshire
LANE- India
STOLLERY-Suffolk
HERCLIFF -East Riding, Yorks

RIP 2012

ABBAY/ABBEY Yorkshire to St.Petersburg Russia

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 1901 Look up please - Extra Pair of eyes needed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 September 06 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Myfi

No  :(

Thanks for looking but her siblings were Thomas 1845 Haugh, Benjamin 1847 HAUGH, Ann 1850 Darcy Lever, Charles 1852 Darcy Lever, Jane Darcy Lever 1857, and Samuel 1862 Darcy Lever.

Unless Sarah was Sarah ANN but cant find a JOHN H connection

Cheers
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!