Author Topic: John FULLER 1881 Census  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Calm71

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: John FULLER 1881 Census
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 September 06 18:19 BST (UK) »
Mary, you are a star...  ;D  I cannot believe the amount of work you have done!!! I am gobsmacked.

Thank you sooooo much, my other half has been keeping me updated at work, as roots chat is blocked at work.

It is fantastic, talk about re-enthusing me to find the Fullers!

Fantastic, marvellous, hooray!!

Thanks again

Stephen. 

Thanks to all who have looked, I'm off in search of my great grandfather, Arthur Fuller, see what i can find.  :D
Fuller, Haseler, Hawkins, Faraday, Kill, Homer, May

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 September 06 20:16 BST (UK) »
I just knew there had to be a reason for not finding them. 

I learned very early on never to rule out a previous marriage.  When searching for my own grandparents and had difficulty finding the names on the index to match, in my naievety I demanded that the Register Office give me the certificate for the name I believed to be my grandfather's marriage expecting a mistake to have been made with the indexing of grandmothers.  It must have been a flash of inspiration to choose his particular entry which was confirmed when I got the cert and found the bride's father was the person I knew he should be, but the bride had a different name due to the fact that she was a widow..... and my grandfather was also a widower!  another shock! and a couple of extra mysteries to solve.   

I don't believe to this day that their children knew about these earlier marriages, they had probably been forgotten about over the years but my father dabbling in family history himself certainly didn't know or he would have mentioned it.

Good luck with Arthur

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline KAOS

• RootsChat Member
  • Hands across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 18:43 BST (UK) »
Great work Mary! This hunt was rather thrilling to read about as it unfolded on the page. You have provided many leads to follow up with that will certainly bring forth more ideas and information.

The old grey mare
BROOKS, NEWCOMB, HACKETT, GILLINGS, CORNISH, TELFORD, DOUGHTY, OHMAN

Offline Calm71

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 19:02 BST (UK) »
Mary - and others,

I have just got home and opened my mail and the certifacte I ordered for arthur Fuller's Birth confirms what you researched!!!  His mother was mary fuller, formerley Farrisee.

You truly are a marvel and deserve an award!!!

Thank you soooo much

Stephen ;D ;D ;D
Fuller, Haseler, Hawkins, Faraday, Kill, Homer, May

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 20:25 BST (UK) »
Oh I do love it when a plan comes together!!

Well done Stephen, I was more or less 99.99% certain that I was right, but it's just great to get that confirmation, woohooooooooo.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)