Author Topic: Im looking for surname Lowney info pls help  (Read 1791 times)

Offline lostlowney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Im looking for surname Lowney info pls help
« on: Monday 25 September 06 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hi i hope someone can help me ..
im looking for any info on the Lowney family.
ok lets start with
Edward James Lowney born in Jamestown North Dakota
married Julia Anna Fuhrmann born in Rapid City South Dakota
I found a Julia anna Fuhrmann who died in 1956 Vancouver Canada anything on this family would be great pls

was told all ealier relatives were in States

Edward Lowney and Julia's children:
(I would love birthdates, deathdates and possible marriages, really would like any info!!)Was also told that most Lowney's in B.C  Canada with same spelling were more than likely related.

1) George Raymond Lowney married Grace
2)Patrick Lowney b.March 17 1927 married Sept 19 1950 Anne Evelyn b.March 4 1934 both died Edmonton Canada

3)Ted Lowney oldest? was in Alberta
4)Margaret Lowney married Tony..had an adopted daughter
5)Leona Lowney (i found something said Leona May Ball (Lowney) died 08/30/2003 ) i was told by family he died 2003

6)Edith Lowney ( was her son Teddy Buyers?Byers?)
7)John Lowney
8)Con married Helen July 10 1956
9) *Charles Kenneth Lowney married Marion(Marianne) Bernice Kettlewell b.1928(my grandparents)
*(THEY HAD SEVERAL CHILDREN THAT THEY GAVE UP FOR ADOPTIONBetween the yrs 1945-1965..ive heard abt 12 children?) that will be another posting!

Ty thats enough for now.
Ty ahead of time for anyone that helps me in any way.
Have a good day.
Val
Lowney Kettlewell Milliken Alberta Edmonton Ontario
Martel's in Quebec & Ontario Dixon's in England
 looking for Adoptees born 1945-1965(Lowney)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Im looking for surname Lowney info pls help
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 02:03 BST (UK) »
http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=message&r=rw&p=localities.northam.canada.alberta.general&m=223

I'd suggest you post on the Canada/US boards here.  If someone reading this has access to US censuses, in Ravalli Co, Montana in 1900 there's a Lowney family including Cornelius, Kate, and a son Edward who was born in ND.

http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndirs/databases/census.php - if you search here you'll see this family were living in Jamestown in 1885, shortly before Edward's birth.

Do you know where (in the US? Canada?) the various children were born? You're going to run into difficulties because of privacy records.  Generally birth records within the past 100 years are difficult to get hold of.

I'd suggest getting the death certificate of Julia Anna Lowney who d. 1956 in Vancouver; BC death certificates include fields on the number of years resident in the area.  Edward James Lowney does not appear on the death index but if you search on the BC archives site under 'textual' records you'll see his 1947 probate record.  This would indicate to me that he may have died away from BC but his family were settled there at the time - hence the filing of probate in BC.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline The House Whisperer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 February 16 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Val,
Maybe I can help if you are still looking.. My grandfather was George Lowney and grandmother Grace. I'm happy to assist you if I can. I'm in Mission BC.
Warm Regards,
G. Lowney

Offline lostlowney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 September 16 02:40 BST (UK) »
ty wow g.lowney i would love to talk to u
Lowney Kettlewell Milliken Alberta Edmonton Ontario
Martel's in Quebec & Ontario Dixon's in England
 looking for Adoptees born 1945-1965(Lowney)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 September 16 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hello The Horse Whisperer and a very warm welcome to RootsChat  :).

If you make 2 more posts, even to just say "Hi", you will be able to use the RC private message system to communicate with lostlowney to exchange contact info, etc. Please don't post it on this public forum (RootsChat policy).

Wow! After all this time. So pleased for you, lostlowney.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada