Author Topic: Robert Watts - Butcher 116 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex Early 1900's  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Malcolm Webster

• My email address is not working at the moment sorry
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert Watts - Butcher 116 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex Early 1900's
« on: Wednesday 27 September 06 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Looking for anyone related to Robert Watts and his wife Emily. Robert was a master Butcher (born Icomb, Gloucestershire 1836) and his wife was Emily (born Chipping Norton, Oxford 1838). They moved with their 7 children William, John, Joseph, Lucy, Frances Higham, Birtie and Martha to run a Butcher's in Church Street, Hove, East Sussex.

My Grandfather William Christoe Blewett married Frances Higham Watts on the 25th May 1904 in London and worked for Robert Watts for a few years until the death of Frances in 1906.

If you are related to the Watts family, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Regards, Malcolm
Christoe, Blewett, Tomkins

Offline j.watts

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Watts - Butcher 116 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex Early 1900's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 August 09 17:10 BST (UK) »
Dear Malcolm,

I think that Robert Watts born 1836 may well be my great great grandfather's older brother. My gg grandfather's name was William Watts also born in Icomb in 1837 and was one of five sons of a Thomas Watts an agricultural labourer as was my gg grandfather before he moved to Liverpool and became a ship labourer.

If this information is relevant to you I have a detailed family tree of my lineage.
Hope to hear from you in the future
Jimmy Watts

Offline Malcolm Webster

• My email address is not working at the moment sorry
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Watts - Butcher 116 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex Early 1900's
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Jimmy,

Many thanks for your email. I was delighted to hear from you.

My connection with the Watts family is via my Grandfather who first wife was Francis Watts, sadly she died in 1906.

Thank you for your offer of your family tree, but to be honest I am really just trying to find someone out there who might have a photo of Francis.

I can update you, if you don't already know, about Frances' sister Lucy.

Best regards, Malcolm
Christoe, Blewett, Tomkins