Author Topic: BARROW IN FURNESS RECORDS OFFICE  (Read 7236 times)

Offline stan Laurel Fan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BARROW IN FURNESS RECORDS OFFICE
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 17:19 GMT (UK) »
I LIVE CLOSE TO BARROW IN FURNESS RECORDS OFFICE  IN CUMBRIA [ BARROW WAS ORIGINALLY IN LANCASHIRE]  AND WILLING  TO DO LOOK UP.
GIVE DETAILS  VIA THIS PAGE
                    STAN

Juliette

Re: BARROW IN FURNESS RECORDS OFFICE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 January 05 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan
If you have the time one day, would it be possible to check for 2 obituaries at the Barrow Records Office if they have them on microfiche?
I am trying to find out more about:
Emily Bell who was living at 12 Manchester Street, Barrow in Furness and died around 21 February 1954.  I know her husband was James who died some years earlier (not sure when)
Fred Mothersdale, also living at 12 Manchester Street, Barrow when he died around 5 October 1926.  Not sure of his relationship to the above Emily and I'm stuck on this Bell line.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Juliette

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 February 05 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan,Just wondering if you could do a couple of look-ups for me,whenever?A Roney family on the 1851 census.The details from the 1841 are---
HO107/159 Quay Workington
William age 50
Mary age 56
Jane age 23
John age 21
Margaret age19
Mary age17
Ann age 15
Mary 10months
I am particularly interested in the birthplace of William and Mary.I realize that  most of the children may have left home but it is Ann that I am mainly researching.
I am interested in finding Ann's Marriage details as yet they have not appeared on the BMD.I know she married William Braithwaite born 1821 but I have no date.Their son was born in 1864 but they had been married sometime before this yearWilliam appears on the 1841 census with hid mother in Eskdale but he isn't with her on the 1851 census,whether he is married then I don't know.Any help at all would be much appreciated
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Stan:
It is very nice of you to offer to do a look up at the record offices at Barrow in Furness. As I live in Canada I was wondering if you could do a look up for a marriage for me? I am looking for the second marriage of my 3xgrgrandmother Hannah Jukes. I have just returned from a trip to Salt Lake City to the family history library there and they only had one film for Barrrow in Furness and it did not have the year I was looking for.

I found the following information on the free BDM site

Marriage 1877

Hannah Jukes and Thomas Mandell   -   Barrow in Furness.

I am hoping to find out what Hannah's maiden name is so I can find her first marriage to Thomas Jukes.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Anne
Canada
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline Kevwood

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • my little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Stan, if you could possibly look up a birth for me it would be great.

Charles george williams born 1875 barrow in furness. Parents edward and ellen ann after her maiden name if possible but mainly an address or any info cos other children were born liverpool and married west derby , liverpool.

Thank you.

Kev.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

wood,west,williams,morgan,sollars,hawker,snell,roach,clark,symons. In bristol,fremington,instow,rhymney,colyton

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 22:12 BST (UK) »
Stan Please could you look up a marriage record====
William Roney [RAWNEY]
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 22:16 BST (UK) »
Stan sorry posted message before I had finished William Roney or Rawney to Mary Johnson  on the13th November 1814  at St Bees if you could let me have the details please.
Dotty

Offline ChrisAllonby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 July 05 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Stan,

Are you still available to do a look-up at Barrow Records Office?
Allonby, Burns, Ibison, Park

Offline Kevwood

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • my little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 July 05 23:53 BST (UK) »
Chris, i wouldguess not, as i asked in April and have heard nothing!!!

Kev.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

wood,west,williams,morgan,sollars,hawker,snell,roach,clark,symons. In bristol,fremington,instow,rhymney,colyton