Author Topic: Langford and Roberts  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Langford and Roberts
« on: Thursday 28 September 06 12:42 BST (UK) »
I have promised a friend that I will help him research his family - he knows very little detail.  As a start he is going to ask his aunt what she can tell him, meanwhile I wondered if any of the lovely RC family have anything which may help. 

All I know to date is that his mother was Alice Maud LANGFORD and she was born in Dec 1905 in the Merthyr district (I have the birth cert reference for him to send for it).  His father was Edward John ROBERTS and was born in the same district in 1902 (I also have found the reference for that).

His father was illegitimate and mother's name was Sally (don't know if it was short for anything).  She was sent off to the States sometime after WW1 and father stayed with aunts.  Edward John died in the late 1940s I think.

That is the sum total of my friend's knowledge at present.

Here's hoping!!  Many thanks

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex