Author Topic: Archibald McDonald, Donald McPhail-Baliviphail?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Archibald McDonald, Donald McPhail-Baliviphail?
« on: Friday 29 September 06 05:27 BST (UK) »
there are very few Archibald McDonalds who show up in the Hebrides N. Uist cotters census of 1799. only one town has both names in it, and that is Baliviphail.
I would like to know the names of the spouses, which should be Margaret surname unknown for Alexander, and Mary McAskill for Donald. I would also like to know their childrens names. Allan is the only child I know for Archibald and Margaret. Donald and Mary's children were Finlay, Angus, Archibald, John, Effie, Sarah, Christy and Mary.
can anyone help me bridge from Nova Scotia to Inverness with my McDonalds and McPhails?
Archibald and Donald brought their families to Nova Scotia sometime around 1800, give or take 15 years. that's all I know about them, except Archibald is witness to his son Allan's death record, but I haven't found Archibald's death record-or Margarets or Donald's or Mary's...the records are hit and miss with periods where there are no records.

I am wondering if Archibald is a descendant of the
Guilleasbuig McDonald line?

can anyone assist?
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt