Author Topic: Parish lookup please Paris and Joyce  (Read 3210 times)

Offline ann paris

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Parish lookup please Paris and Joyce
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am new to this, so not sure if I'm doing it right so please bear with me. Trying to find out info on William Paris m. Elizabeth Joyce sometime before 1789 when their son Charles was born. Areas to consider are Aldermaston, Bradfield, Alresford, but anywhere really. Other children could be James c. 1799, John c.1801, Thomas c. 1802. I do hope someone can help as I am completely stuck.
Regards Ann Paris

Offline zep

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish lookup please Paris and Joyce
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hello ..I have Paris family records but they originate in Scotland then move to London..greenwich and woolwich later to Hampshire...perhaps if you can tell me your paris family Christian names in late 1800`s I could see if you link to my records.
TOWN of sussex
PAVEY of bristol and cardiff
PARIS of w.lothian/fife/greenwich
CONSTABLE of kent

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Ann,

I see this request is some 10 years old - is it still relevant? if it is.......

A warm welcome to Rootschat. I'm sure you will find many members here willing to help you.

There is an on-line tree on "Ancestry.co.uk"  (a paysite) that lists William Paris marrying Elizabeth Joyce on 13-11-1788 in Stratfield Mortimer, Berks. also with  William being bapt. 2-2-1758 in Aldermaston,  and Elizabeth's baptism 3-10-1762 in Stratfield Mortimer the d/o Richard Joyce (1730 - ) & Ann Lavel (1736 - )
The above detail can only be confirmed by looking at the register entries or if someone has access to the transcripts.

There is another on-line tree from "Ann V Paris" - is that yours?

It could be that William may have come from a parish just over ther border in Hampshire as Stratfield is not too far inside the county boundary of Berks

Another source to consider looking at is the Familysearch.org (IGI) which is a free search facility.
If you go here you can see there a a few "Paris" families in Hants.
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1473014

Hope this helps you on your way.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline ann paris

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi to all

Thank you for your replies.
Yes it is still relevant after all these years, I am still stuck on these two. I have gone from strength to strength on other lines, but these two (which are the ones I really want) can't find out anymore!!
The information you posted, ribbo39 is probably from my tree on Ancestry. I think when I was first at this genealogy lark I did have a tree in Ann V Paris, but since I have had a subscription its in Ann Veronica Paris.
It could well be Hampshire, I have looked there too, because of them being so near the border, but still no luck. I have looked on familysearch, the morman site, but might be time to look again!
Thank you all of you,
zep - Thank you for your reply too. I have a public tree on Ancestry.co.uk Ann Veronica Paris, youre welcolm to look and see if any of it ties up. Do you have a tree on there perhaps I could look at?
Regards
Ann Paris