Author Topic: Looking for information on the Warren Family  (Read 5038 times)

Offline **lizzydripping**

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for information on the Warren Family
« on: Friday 29 September 06 19:20 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Ellen Warren b: 1832 Waterford. Father's name was Richard, in 1848 Ellen married William Taylor b: 1819 Howth, Ireland? They married at Trinity on 18 July 1848

Would be really pleased if anyone could provide me with more details, especially who Williams family were i.e. Mum, Dad and siblings and likewise with Ellen except I know what her fathers name is but have nothing more.

thanks in advance of more info.

lizzy ???

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on the Warren Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi. Lizzy
re/warren my great grandmothers name was elizabeth warren she was married to a James Kiely in 1870-1880 james came from johns lane in
waterford .
regards
Irish..

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 January 07 19:41 GMT (UK) »
From recollection, Richard had at least two daughters:-
Ellen Warren age 17, d/o Richard Warren a Shoe Maker married 19 July 1848 at Trinity  William Taylor, Sergeant in 7th Fusiliers of Barracks, s/o William Taylor, a Tradesman.
Also
Catherine Warren d/o Richard Warren a Shoe Maker (m) 25 Dec 1847 at Trinity Parish, Waterford Richard Jeffars, Stone Cutter, s/o William Jeffars a Carpenter.
I have been in touch with a descendant of Catherine and Richard - so if you need further information, please e-mail.

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 January 07 15:12 GMT (UK) »
HI
could your confirm if elizabeth was married if so whath was her husband name and where was he from had they any family many thanks for getting back to me .
regards
irish..

Offline **lizzydripping**

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 January 07 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lis

The Ellen Warren I am looking for information on was married, she married in 1848 aged 16/17 to William Taylor who was a Sergeant in the army - not sure of which regiment.

From the little information I have her father was called Richard and I believe her mother was called Elizabeth.

Does this tie in with any of your ancestors?

Lizzy

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 January 07 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I'm not certain of the name of Richard's wife but why do you feel it is Elizabeth?   Are you fairly certain that this is correct?   I only ask that as another Richard & Elizabeth Warren were husband and wife around the same time frame - and within a few miles - but are definitely the wrong couple, so I'd love to know if you're fairly certain that your two are definitely Richard & Elizabeth.  Have you any other information that might give a clue?
Thanks.

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 January 07 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Lisduggan - Your Elizabeth married between 20 - 30 years after the other two Warren girls, so I imagine she's from the next generation.  Do you have an address or even parish in wich she married.  Normally the couple were married in the girl's parish, so her husband's address is probably irrelevant.  Do you know the name of Elizabeth's father? 

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 January 07 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
the only information thatI have is my grandmother bridget Kiely mothers madien name is Elizabeth Warren  and came from johns lane in waterford my grand mother was Born on the 1/8/1880 she went on to marry
Michael Fitzgerald from  Browns Lane 8/4/1903
 hope this will be of help to you I am re/ the family tree  and to obtain as much Information as posible thank you for your help.
irish.