Author Topic: COMPLETED Moore  (Read 452 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Moore
« on: Saturday 30 September 06 04:10 BST (UK) »
I am interested in the descendent's of James Moore of Cranbrook.  I am fairly positive the branch I want most were ag. labourers and mainly lived on the Hill and attended the Chapel on the Hill-Independent (Presbyterian).  John (born 1806) My gt-gt-gt-grandfather emigrated to Western Australia in 1842 and as far as I can find is the first son of James and Sarah Moore (married 1805) though his name is not included in the LDS IGI Index of other children  that starts with Esther born 1810.  They all show the birth and christening dates for the other children but John's just shows as christened at the Cranbrook Parish Church. Can someone please help me!
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 08:48 BST (UK) »
Since my last appeal I went through Ancestry.com.uk and have found James & Sarah Snr and sons Thomas with I presume,  his wife Elizabeth Moore with their daughter Sarah  - all shown as Ag Labourers, but the other son,  David is shown as a smith, all at the same address,  in  the 1841 census. However,  I cannot find 2 other sons James and Henry on that or any other census (went to 1861, so I would make the assumption they would have died). 
In the 1851 and following census I can only find the parents and none of the sons at all -  In fact, the 1851 census shows them with 2 grandchildren staying with them,so it looks like all their sons died. 
I knew the town they were born in so I only looked for any born in Cranbrook. so I think I did it correctly, what avenues would I follow now.  Can someone point me in the right direction, please!
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.