Author Topic: needing help with census look ups please  (Read 2314 times)

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
needing help with census look ups please
« on: Wednesday 04 October 06 23:23 BST (UK) »
could some kind soul help me with census look ups please? i am trying to piece together the Mc Kechnie family from Helensburgh.

my census information starts in 1861 with James mc kechnie in inchinnan.

i have followed him through to 1881 where he is living at 96 east king street helensburgh, i am interested in his son thomas.

missing from that census return is his eldest daughter Mary Isabella mc kechnie(born inchinnan) who would be aged 20, she may have married

also missing from the 1881 is James mc kechnie(born inchinnan) he would be aged 17

from that family i have followed the census returns of thomas in 1891 and 1901

if any kind soul has the time and energy and could be bothered, could they find the mc kechnie family for me in 1891 and 1901?

if James is still living in 1891 he would be aged 51 if not his wife Mary would be 50.

in 1881 James was a fish dealer and the rest of the children were fishermen

any help deeply appreciated.

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: needing help with census look ups please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 06 15:46 BST (UK) »
i have had a personal reply to this thread from a relative and i have been informed that james and mary are indeed alive in the 1891 census at may be living at 46 west princess street. also present in the household are sons william 29, and michael 22. also there is their daughter rachel 14.

in the 1901 census i have been given the address of james mc kechnie(son of james) living at 18 clyde street with his wife jane and at least one child called rachel.

hope this saves a lot of time for anyone willing to help.
helping wherever possible