Author Topic: NASH, 1861  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Barty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NASH, 1861
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 March 08 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Sunnyhill, sorry to gatecrash your Nash thread, but my fiancee is having trouble tracking down some of her Bowles family, and when I spotted that your Humphrey married Mary Bowles I had to jump in!

She has a William John Bowles born 4/3/1865 in Fernham, Faringdon, parents William Bowles and Ann (Ralph).  We know nothing more about William and Ann and wondered if they may be connected with the Mary Bowles you mentioned?

Cheers :-)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 March 08 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barty - welcome to Rootschat   :)

I think I can see your William in 1881 with his mother Ann who seems to have remarried Thomas Panting - do you have this information?

:)

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 March 08 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barty

You should try the Bowles message list -   via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BOWLES_research_UK  - very good list though only one person on there has any connection with the Fernham Bowles and that is doubtful. I'll have a look on Ancestry for you if you aren't subscribed to that. tried GenesReunited?
The most recent Bowles on my tree was b 1849 but happy to send what I have - can you pm your email?
Cheers
David
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea, Askin
Galway: Abbot

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 March 08 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Wm's parents:

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Ann Bowles   24 b Uffington
Elizabeth Bowles   2
Emily Bowles   7 Mo
William Bowles   22
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 March 08 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi - yes I found that - I have them in the other years too

1881 Great Farringdon

Eliza Bowles 19  fernham
Mary Bowles 15 
William Bowles 17 
Ann Panting 45  uffington
Thomas Panting 57  farringdon

1871 Little Coxwell

William Rowls 40  ag lab born Fernham berks
Ann Rowls 36  born Uffington Berks
Eliza Rowls 10 
Emily Rowls 11 
Mary Rowls 4 
William Rowls 6 

from 1861 Fernham

Ann Bowles 24 
Elizabeth Bowles 2 
Emily Bowles 7 Mo 
William Bowles 22 

from 1851

Thomas Bowles 51  wid ag lab born Uffington
Henry Bowles 18 
John Bowles 15 
William Bowles 20  son

from 1841

Elizabeth Bowles 30 
Henry Bowles 8 
John Bowles 6 
Thomas Bowles 43 
William Bowles 10 

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 March 08 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Nice work spotting the 'Rowles' Debbie. Can I turn you loose on my family tree?
 :D

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 March 08 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks  Sunny :)

You seem to be doing pretty well judging by above - did you have something particular you can't find or want?

Debbie

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 March 08 13:07 GMT (UK) »
One bit I have found for you Sunny

The marriage of John Read Nash to Sarah took place in Longcot (Farringdon reg dist)

March 31st 1845
John Read Nash (x) aged 19 bach lab s/o Elizabeth sp
to
Sarah Moore (x) aged 22 sp d/o Humphrey Smith
witnessed by Humphrey Moore & Wm? Bowles

They had a son George READ NASH baptised in Longcot 12th Apr 1846 s/o John Lab & Sarah

but there are no other baptisms for children of this couple at Longcot

Debbie

Offline Barty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 02 March 08 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to you both!

Still feeling my way around RootsChat, working out how it all works n stuff  ;D  We do have it noted that she remarried Thomas Panting, but I don't know why we missed those Census records in our many forays to Kew!  Maybe that spelling error threw us.

It's prompted us to have a little review of all the many bits and pieces of paper hanging around and make sure everything is entered correctly in Family Tree Maker!!!!  We'll be back, and probably more regularly :-)