Author Topic: Looking for Gt grandparents  (Read 886 times)

Offline Outlander

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Gt grandparents
« on: Sunday 08 October 06 11:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace parents of Queenie Audrey c Lanelly born 1923 JAS in Doncaster. I know that her mother’s maiden name was baker from Queenie’s birth reg. Queenie Married Terence J Cain. Also if any one has info on Terence this would be most helpful as I can only trace marriage and death certificates for him. These are grandparents on from my father’s side of my family.
Langford fron Devon and London.
Morland, London.
Midcalfe, London.
Cain, shewburyness.

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Gt grandparents
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 October 06 21:11 BST (UK) »
I am guessing that you have seen the name Baker in the Birth indexes but have not sent for the certificate?   You will need to get the certificate for the full names of her parents and then (with a bit of luck depending upon how old they were) it might be possible to trace them in the 1901 census. 

You say you 'can only trace marriage and death certificates' for Terence.  The marriage certificate will give the names and occupations of both the bride and groom's fathers - do you have it?

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Outlander

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Gt grandparents
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,

Sorry I’ve taken so long to get back to this but I have been working on the other side of the family after having some very good luck this past week after receiving some very kind help from Roots Chat members. I have not sent for any certificates for this side of family as yet but will do so in time but at present I have decided to devote present time to my mothers side as thing are moving ahead after a long while of fruitless searching.

Paul.
Langford fron Devon and London.
Morland, London.
Midcalfe, London.
Cain, shewburyness.