Author Topic: Fenton Rourke born in Yorkshire?? Help needed  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Wallie Lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
  • www.thewallworks.co.uk
    • View Profile
Fenton Rourke born in Yorkshire?? Help needed
« on: Monday 09 October 06 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Could some very nice kind person please help me, I am trying to find any evidence of my gg Grandfather Fenton Rourk/Rourke/Rork/O'Rourke I think the correct spelling is Rourke, family legend has it that they dropped the O to find work easier in the UK.

Well here goes:-

I have Fenton Rourke on the 1871 census living in Kearsley Farnworth Bolton with his wife, mother-in-law and family. His occupation is a coal miner, this is my Fenton for sure, but my problem is that his place of birth is given just as YORKSHIRE I haven't been able to find anything else on him before the 1871 census, although I know his full history after 1871. He was married to Ellen Fallon daughter of Ellen and Patrick Fallon from Dublin.

Does any one have any suggestions on what part of Yorkshire??

I was wondering if any one could possibly find his birth in the Parish Registers?? (A long shot I know)

As far as I know Fenton Rourke was born Yorkshire about 1838/1840

I think that Fenton is a yorkshire christian name, but I believe the family of Rourke's were from Ireland. Just wondered if any one had ever come accoss Fenton Rourke  :) :)

I would be very grateful for any help on this matter.

regards Wallie :D :D

Moderator Comment: If anybody can help, then please answer on the thread on the Yorkshire (West Riding) Board, to avoid duplication of efforts. Thanks :)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,188688.0.html
Wallwork – Swinton/Worsley/Pendleton

Moss & Farrish & Kennedy & Latchford – Swinton/Macclesfield/Cheshire

Cheer – Manchester

Tildesley – Worsley/Manchester

Rourke & Fallon - Kearsley/Farnworth/Bolton/Yorkshire/Ireland Dublin

Gooden & Duckworth & Pasquile & Atkinson – Bolton/Blackburn/Westmorland

Wilson – Swinton/Salford

Quinn – Swinton/Salford/Newcastle u Tyne/Gateshead/Ireland/USA

Mc Donough & Bickers - Salford/Ireland