Author Topic: Wilson/Jamieson marriage  (Read 2609 times)

Offline florabrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wilson/Jamieson marriage
« on: Monday 09 October 06 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I am looking for help in finding my gr.gr. grandparents marriage date,infact any information about them would help me.
   Thomas Wilson married Margaret Jamieson, Margaret died on the 24th May 1919 at the showground Love Street Paisley she was 68 years old, her parents were Michael Jamieson "Tinsmith" and Grace Wilson, Grace remarried after Michaels death someone called ? Holliea.
    Thomas Wilson,s occupation was liscensed hawker, he had died before 1907 when his son James married Jane Watson.
     James Wilson,s occupation was a horse dealer.
    Any help would be great about my Wilson family i am finding it really difficult in tracing this family.
                                   Regards Flora
tinsmiths and hawkers Watson,Wilson,Swales,Hartley,Neilson,Johnstone and many more
Dumbartonshire/Doran.Lees,Brooks,Boyle,Stewart
Argyllshire,Marquis,McCoag,Johnson,McEacheren,Sinclair and Bain

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson/Jamieson marriage
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 17:00 BST (UK) »
Have you got some rough dates when do you think they married?When was James born?And do you know where any of them were born?Let me know what info youve got and ill have a look see if i can help you.
Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline florabrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Welsh lady,Thanks for replying.
         I think that Thomas and Margaret were married around 1879 when son James was born,the only problem ive got is i dont know where he was born.
What i know about the Wilson /Jamieson families.
Michael Jamieson married a Grace Wilson 1849 in St. Margarets York they had a daughter Margaret who married Thomas Wilson,Thomas and Margaret had a son James born circa 1879 and daughter Jane Ann,"dont know when she was born,she was informant of mothers death".
James married a Jane Watson 1907 in Glasgow"irregular marriage"although they both stayed in Paisley.they had a daughter Mary born 1910"dont know where"and a son that i know about James.
   Margaret Jamieson died as mentioned in 1919 showground Love St. Paisley,I think the family may have settled in the Renfrewshire area, as i seem to remember my gran Mary saying that her brother stayed in Paisley.
  I have been told from a family member that James " the son of James and Jane" married an Annie Bunce although i havent found a record of the marriage yet.
  The occupation of my Gran,s dad James was a horse dealer "information from her death certificate".
Thats all i know about my Wilson,s so far, finding them a difficult family to find records of.
The Watson side of my family were travellers too,and have managed to find quite a lot of their records, although the family mostly travelled in Scotland, I think the Wilson,s may have travelled England and Scotland, and thats the reason finding it difficult.
  Sorry for rambling on, getting desperate now, lol.
  Thanks Flora
ps. Grace Wilson remarried after Michael died someone with the surname Holliea.
tinsmiths and hawkers Watson,Wilson,Swales,Hartley,Neilson,Johnstone and many more

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 October 06 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hiya Florrie Sorry i dont have any Scottish records or censuses to look for them.A good site i believe is Scotlands People this has all censuses on and bmds.Good Luck.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline florabrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 October 06 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Welsh lady, Thanks for reply,I have tried the Scotlands people site,spent a fortune trying to find my Wilson,s, I think i will try some English sites now.
  I found out a lot from Scotlands people about my other travelling family,the Watson,s, census records and so forth.Great site.
  Thanks again for reply, I think the Wilson,s must have travelled further afield than my Watson,s.
           Best Wishes Flora