Author Topic: Gimber/ Trice DEAL  (Read 1189 times)

Offline waveyone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gimber/ Trice DEAL
« on: Friday 13 October 06 17:36 BST (UK) »
Looking for information for Maud Gimber 1893_1980 also known as Trice, who lived in the Alms houses Deal in the 1960's I know that she died in 1980 at Folkstone Hospital.... also does anyone have any info on George and Edith Parkyn  (now deceased ) who lived on the sea-front next door to the sailing club in the 1950/60............
GIMBER>>HAMMOND... PARKYN  DEAL IN KENT
GIMBER...RICE >>>> EDINBURGH
PARKYN>>> PUDNER>>>DEVON

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gimber/ Trice DEAL
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 October 06 20:48 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of Maud Gimders on the 1901 census which is free to view at the moment. :)
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/
Take a look you may decide that one of them is her :D Good luck.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bill749

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • over 70 and still wearin' genes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 October 06 22:33 BST (UK) »
No good looking for anyone in Deal on the 1901 census - it doesn't exist!  Only parts of Walmer and Sholden have survived - the rest of the books went missing at some point.

Do you mean the rowing club?  The sailing club is on the beach, nowhere near any houses.

What do you want to know?  I will be in Deal some time in the next few days.

Regards, Bill
Banks, Beer, Bowes, Castle, Cloak, Coachworth, Dixon, Farr, Golder, Graves, Hicks, Hogbin, Holmans, Marsh, Mummery, Nutting, Pierce, Rouse, Sawyer, Sharp, Snell, Willis: mostly in East Kent.
Ey, Sawyer: London
Evans: Ystradgynlais, Wales
Snell: Snettisham, Norfolk
Knight, Burgess, Ellis: Hampshire
Purdy: Ireland/Canada/Durham/Pennsylvania
McCann: Ireland
Morrow: Pennsylvania
Sparnon: any
Beers, Heath, Conyers, Miller, Russell, Larson, Clark, Sibert, Hopper, Reinhart: USA

Offline waveyone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 October 06 16:56 BST (UK) »
Yes I do meen the rowing club, as far as I know the house is on the right as you look at it from the beach.This is where I know that george and Edith Parkyn lived for a while George was in the Marines and Edith was Mauds daughter Who was sent to live in Scotland as a child..... Maud hammond married Frank gimber in 1914 and he was killed in 1918 I am trying to find out why their two children were sent to live in Scotland and if Maud ever remarried. i have traced her death to 1980 whenn she was known by the name of Maud Trice and that she lived in the Alms houses in Deal in the 1950,s and 60,s ....
GIMBER>>HAMMOND... PARKYN  DEAL IN KENT
GIMBER...RICE >>>> EDINBURGH
PARKYN>>> PUDNER>>>DEVON

Offline Bill749

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • over 70 and still wearin' genes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 October 06 17:18 BST (UK) »
Have you got her death certificate?  That should give you the name of her husband.  Trice is a local name.

I think the parish records in the library only go up to the 1950s and the cemetery records I have only go up to the 1940s, so it is possible that you would have to do an extended search of the BMDs at the FRC or on Ancestry to locate a second marriage if she re-married late in life.

The fact that she was living in the Alms Houses (Mary Hougham?) in the 1950s and 60s would seem to indicate that she was a widow, so it may be that she married - perhaps a widower in the same place - and set up home with him elsewhere.

Regarding the children being sent to Scotland - were either George or Maud born in Scotland?  Many Marines were of Scottish origin; it may be that the children were sent to live with their grandparents either when war broke out or when their father was killed.

Regards, Bill
Banks, Beer, Bowes, Castle, Cloak, Coachworth, Dixon, Farr, Golder, Graves, Hicks, Hogbin, Holmans, Marsh, Mummery, Nutting, Pierce, Rouse, Sawyer, Sharp, Snell, Willis: mostly in East Kent.
Ey, Sawyer: London
Evans: Ystradgynlais, Wales
Snell: Snettisham, Norfolk
Knight, Burgess, Ellis: Hampshire
Purdy: Ireland/Canada/Durham/Pennsylvania
McCann: Ireland
Morrow: Pennsylvania
Sparnon: any
Beers, Heath, Conyers, Miller, Russell, Larson, Clark, Sibert, Hopper, Reinhart: USA