Author Topic: Annan Photo, do you Know anyone?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Annan Photo, do you Know anyone?
« on: Saturday 14 October 06 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been working on my website and I have put on 2 photos of people from Annan but the problem is I'm not sure who everybody is. I know one was taken in Murry Street for the Queens coronation so that dates it but I would like to identify some of the people. The other Annan Photo came from my Gran but I'm pretty sure it is not family. If anybody can Identify the people I would really appreciate it. My website is http://www.eblett.co.uk/html/see_family_photes.html then click on the Annan Photos link. The first photo is an old postcard I have.

Thank you for all your help ;D

Emma

Offline brandane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Annan Photo, do you Know anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 06 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma,
I had another look at the photo you have with the children in it. The lady who is on the left sitting next to the child is in a photo of mine with my great grandfather William Sharkey. My uncle recognised her, we will ask some family members as i know i was told who she was years ago but have forgotten.
Brandane
Sharkey/McQuade/McFarlan(e)/Quin or Queen/Steel/Baird/Welsh/Shannon/Crawford/Hutchinson/Ross/Conchie in Annan, Dumfriesshire, Carlisle and Ireland areas.

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 06 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Now that is interesting because my Grandfather was Thomas Sharkey! I don't recognize them but it could be family.

Emma

Offline Goonerbird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 July 07 11:40 BST (UK) »
Send copies of your pictures the the Annandale Observer, they print old pictures every week and have great success in getting names of people.