Author Topic: FTM - enlarging pics  (Read 2901 times)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
FTM - enlarging pics
« on: Tuesday 17 October 06 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just scanned a will into powerpoint, cropped it and saved it. i then went to FTM and inserted it into scrapbook and then into my Book. However, when i printed the page out with the will on, the writing on the 'picture' of the will is really small and wouldne be much good putting it in a book like that - anyone know how i can enlarge the scanned image and save it?
Thanks
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FTM - enlarging pics
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison,

for most simple graphic work, I use IrfanView

see Topic: Adding images to Posting & Profiles
1) Resizing and cropping your image file:[/color]
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,130922.0.html

Good luck,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 19:07 BST (UK) »
thanks  - iv downloaded irfanview but how do i get pics from scanner in this program?
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 19:14 BST (UK) »
If you have already scanned the images and saved them to your computer then go to file and open and navigate to where you have saved the image.

If you have not already scanned an image you have two options
1. scan as before irfanview and then open with the program as above or
2. go to file select TWAIN resource and then select your scanner you then scan the image straight into irfanview

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 19:38 BST (UK) »
sorry i dont understand - usually you have a 'get image from scanner option' but there isnt one on irfan view...how do i get the scanner to scan?
thanks

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 19:55 BST (UK) »
go to file
go to TWAIN resource select this
there should then be a list of the scanners attached select yours
scan

if that doesn't work go back to file
select acquire/batch scanning and select this ... it should detect your scanner and  if you select the top entry and clocik ok your scanner software should then be called up and you scan directly into irfanview

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 20:05 BST (UK) »
doesnt matter - it wont scan
thanks anyway
Alison

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 20:17 BST (UK) »
doesnt matter - it wont scan

what won't scan ?

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi ali607

Out of interest, what happens if you print it from Powerpoint?

downside
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk