Author Topic: BMD look-ups-Guernsey  (Read 16567 times)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BMD look-ups-Guernsey
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 June 11 16:38 BST (UK) »
Channel Island BMD certificates are not available through the GRO. I don't know about Guernsey but Jersey certificates cost £20 each

Offline gsygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 June 11 07:39 BST (UK) »
There was a Littlefield and Snell butchers in Guernsey for many years..there is a Huriaux  in St.Martins parish and a Rue des Huriaux in St Saviours //

Offline bunty99

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 February 12 19:32 GMT (UK) »
My Grandfathers first wife was Elsie May Littlefield born St Peter Port 1890 died 1912. She was the daughter of William John Littlefield b 1871.
She had 5 brothers and sisters  William. Lilian.Nellie.Harry and Alfred i also have the names of the aunts and uncles

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 13:52 BST (UK) »
Re Littlefield surname- I know that a family of Littlefields were evacuated to Halifax just before the Channel Islands were evacuated in 1940, and never came back after the Liberation in 1945- I think they had connections with both Guernsey and Alderney and remember meeting Bill and his sister Muriel on their visits to Guernsey- Muriel was friends with my mother. There was also another brother called Norman.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 23:23 BST (UK) »
There may be BMDs on Donkipedia,the sister site to Jerripedia which has loads of records.To get the records I wanted ai visited St Peter Port 2 years ago and found many Certs which I was able ti photocopy.Otherwise it's quite expensive.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)