Author Topic: Looking for George HARDY born 1836-1839  (Read 10916 times)

Offline deafkat

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for George HARDY born 1836-1839
« Reply #45 on: Monday 06 November 06 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi tony

My Sarah Hardy who married to John Bartlett is a Sister to Ann Hardy...who married to Slade..

small world. eh... cheers from Kathleen in Australia...
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline Tony Payne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Tony Payne, Southampton, England
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for George HARDY born 1836-1839
« Reply #46 on: Monday 06 November 06 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Wow it is a small world Kathleen - nice to hear from you.
I still have to update my tree with all the Hardy details, but I think pretty much everything is in this thread anyway.

My cousin and I came across Jane Ayres last year during our research.  She is a descendant of Florence Hardy, who was George Hardy's daughter. 

There is another branch of the Hardy's who lived and worked at Portland, which is also in Dorset (it's a hilly island peninsula accessible via a causeway and has a prison where they used to keep the worst offenders.  It also has (closed now I think) a big naval base, and has a famous lighthouse (Portland Bill).  Portland in Maine (USA) is named after it. 

I think going back to the same early 1800's these 2 Hardy branches join - I have seen a few postings for them also.  Would be good to add these to the tree.

I will let you know if I find anything else.

But you have me curious... What is your link to Ann Hardy?
I am researching the following families:
Hurst / Payne - Leicestershire / Warwickshire / Worcestershire
Toon(e) - Leicestershire
Batchelor / Foster - Warwickshire / Northamptonshire
Hardy - Dorset

My web site has the family tree showing.  I am researching primarily the Payne, Hurst, Foster and Batchelor lines in the Midlands.

Off The Record With Debbie And Tony