Author Topic: Unclear writing  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Unclear writing
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 October 06 19:36 BST (UK) »
Yes Scroppers

Frederick LENT 20 and Ann TAYLOR 19

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 October 06 19:57 BST (UK) »
If this cert is for 1844, have we found Ann Taylor, aged about 16 ish on the 1841 census? Also Frederick Lent aged about 17 ish?

And if the 1851 finding is 'our' Ann Lent, then where is Fred?  If this is the right family then Ann's dad whatever his name, died between 1844 and 1851.
So, if the family that was found in 1841 with the Dad being Thomas (did they have a 16 year old Ann?, you didnt say) is the right one there must be a death for a Thomas Taylor between those years.

Got people coming round soon - but I'll see if I can find any death before they arrive...
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 October 06 19:58 BST (UK) »
I think it's
James LENT
 & John TAYLOR
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline subee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 October 06 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi and Welcome to Rootschat Carol - this is the best site to be on and you will find loads of helpful advice on here  :D

subee x
Futter Norfolk
Hendry Norfolk
Marshall Norfolk
Riches Norfolk
Dighton Huntingdon

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 October 06 23:24 BST (UK) »
There are 2 Thomas Taylor deaths on Ancestry's FreeBMD in Doncaster between 1844 and 1851:

AMJ 1844 and JAS 1845

Dont quite know what that means! I guess if one of these is a Flaxdresser, and leaves a widow Mary, and better still if the address at death matches the census, then it links it all together and it looks like Ann's dad was a Thomas and not a John or a Richard!!!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline denise womersley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 13 November 06 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm new to this list.  I too have this certificate as Frederick Lent was my 3 x great grandfather.  I have the fathers as James and Henry but have not been able to progress any further back at this stage!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 14 November 06 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Denise!  :)

Looks like you two are related!

Do you have Henry's name from any other source, or is this your interpretation of the hand-writing?  It seems to have defeated us!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline carolshillington

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 15 November 06 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Denise
That is amazing that we are looking at the same person and cerificate.  According to my records Frederick Lent is my fathers great great grandfather, through his daughter Mary Ann Lent. I would love to hear what your findings are. We might indeed be related!

Offline denise womersley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 30 November 06 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Frederick and Ann's daughter Rose married Henry George Ravenhill in Bradford on 13th April 1869.  They had 10 children, the fifth of which was Edgar Frederick Ravenhill.  He married Eliza Scholey in Doncaster on 28th October 1899 and my Nan was their daughter, Lily Ravenhill.  You probably have copies of the censuses which show that Frederick and Ann moved to Halifax (coincidentally where I was born and brought up) and Frederick is listed as a Publican in 1861 - I have been trying to find out which pub he would have run as they were living in the town centre (St John's Street).  Do you have anything else - I know that Frederick died in the workhouse - Rose had been in Halifax with him and her siblings until her mother died but moved back to Doncaster after the death of her son.