Author Topic: Unclear writing  (Read 3864 times)

Offline carolshillington

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unclear writing
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 30 November 06 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Denise

My father is descended from Frederick and Anns third child Mary Ann who is my fathers Grandmother. She married Joseph Sladdin in Halifax on 21/8/1876 and they had eight children so big familes run in the family! My Dad was told about his Grandmother taking his mother (Jessie Sladdin, their youngest) to visit relatives in Askern, Doncaster. He also mentioned that his Grandmother (Mary Ann) was brought up in a pub. He seems to think that John Street is no longer there, apparently it was slum property. Do you still live in Halifax? My Dad grew up there but now lives in Ireland. ** I would love to hear from you again. You seem to have found a lot of extra info. like the fact that Frederick died in a workhouse, which is sad.

Carol

** Moderator comment: personal information removed to avoid identifying living people in accordance with Rootschat policy.  Please use the PM system to exchange information of a confidential nature

Offline denise womersley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 30 November 06 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol - I am new to this chatroom so unsure what PM is. (mesage put on from moderator).  If you can let me have your email address, I can scan the death certificates that I have for both Frederick and Ann.  I currently live in Leeds but my mother still lives in Halifax.  Part of the original John Street still exists - it is near the old Nat West Bank and would have run up past the old bus station.  I am happy to give you my email address if you want it.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 01 December 06 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, that was my fault!

PM = Personal Message

You can send someone a PM by clicking on the little scroll underneath their name on a thread.  Or you can click on their name, scroll down and their is an option "Send this person a personal message"

Good luck!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)