Author Topic: Have finally found Boas Roberts  (Read 1194 times)

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Have finally found Boas Roberts
« on: Friday 20 October 06 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I have finally managed to trace through a contact via the Clwyd Family History Society and the Hel Achau that Boas Roberts b1866 and 2 of his siblings emigrated to Patagonia in 1886. Through the Hel Achau, we are now in contact with family relations along this lost line. I would love to know how and where do I begin trying to look up any family down in Patagonia?
Thanks to all who helped initially to look for Boas, we were beginning to think he'd been transported!!
Kind Regards
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Have finally found Boas Roberts
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 October 06 23:53 BST (UK) »
That's really good news Nerys  :)

Clwyd FH Society and their journal Hel Achau helped me a lot in the early stages of my research. It is a very successful and active society with a dedicated committee. I have been a member for about 5 years and I recommend that anyone with roots in  the old Clwyd counties (Den, Flint and Mer) join. The annual subscription is amazing value at, I think, about £12.

Sorry not sure about Patagonian research but my Dad always said some of his rellies went there. I haven't found any yet  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 October 06 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hello

You may have already seen it but there is this http://www.welsh-patagonia.com/GenealogicalIndex.htm and a few other things found by Googling.

Good luck!
Biker
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 October 06 00:06 BST (UK) »
Good site Biker - diolch yn fawr :D

We'll find you some Welsh ancestors before we're through  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 October 06 00:32 BST (UK) »
That's really good news Nerys  :)
I would agree Gadget with everything you said about Clwyd FHS,but I only pay £10 a year!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Clwyd FH Society and their journal Hel Achau helped me a lot in the early stages of my research. It is a very successful and active society with a dedicated committee. I have been a member for about 5 years and I recommend that anyone with roots in  the old Clwyd counties (Den, Flint and Mer) join. The annual subscription is amazing value at, I think, about £12.

Sorry not sure about Patagonian research but my Dad always said some of his rellies went there. I haven't found any yet  :-\

Gadget
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk