Author Topic: MULLEY Family  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 Census Lookup - MULLEY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 October 06 17:33 BST (UK) »
Also in the 1901 census my Jim Mulley is a lodger at Stowmarket, born at Winter, I took it that this was actually Wetherdon as I cannot locate a Winter in Suffolk.

Could it have been Winston?

I had hoped to find a connection for you with local transport company Mulley's who were established in 1938 but I had not realised that they were bought out in the 1980s - so not much help.
http://www.mulleys.co.uk/about.asp

SM ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Peachface

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 October 06 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,

Just been reading your info through again.  You say there was a James born in Yaxley in the 1891 census.  What year was he born 1879 or 1889?  Did he survive childhood?  I am wondering, 1) because Yaxley is near to Mellis where he met and married my Great Aunt, 2) An Elizabeth Mulley ran the Red Lion Inn at Elmswell.  She would not have been his mother though, she was 65 in the 1871 census and 3) Jame's grandaughter was named Elizabeth.

Are you living in Australia Mike?  You say your wife's ancestors "came to Oz"  Just a general question, you don't have to answer it of course.

Peachface :)

Offline Peachface

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 October 06 03:00 BST (UK) »
Hi SM,

Thanks for your input.  I lived in Suffolk for many years before we emigrated to Australia and I hadn't heard of a Winston before.  Looking at the Suffolk Genuki website I don't recognize any of the nearby places but that's is not to say he wasn't born there.  I can't understand why he cannot be found anywhere, I've looked in other counties such as Essex, Norfolk and London but with no luck.  It is so frustrating, I even attended the couple's Golden Wedding Anniversary in 1964!

I was living in Thurston when the elusive "Jim's" daughter visited us and told us Wetherden was where her ancestors came from.  The Mulley Coach Service was still in operation then and she didn't say that there was a connection there.  Thank you though for that line of enquiry.

Peachface :)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MULLEY Family
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 October 06 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Peachface
There is a whole web site of mulley info with different people doing the different branches of the tree.
I am sure if you made contact with them they would help you.
Just type mulley into your goggle search and it should come up.
hope that you find them.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline janet two

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: MULLEY Family
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 February 07 18:40 GMT (UK) »
HI
As a matter of interest I am research the Mulley family, they seem to go forever. My lot were in Needham Market and so far I am back to early 1700. My 2x great grandmother Mary Ann Mulley married William Francis, I can give you  my tree if you can give me a contact address by personal message. regards Janet