Author Topic: Quinn Bannon  (Read 3725 times)

Offline patjohn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Quinn Bannon
« on: Saturday 21 October 06 13:43 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the birth of Michael Quinn to Thomas Quinn and Alice Bannon around 1843. It could be in the Athlone Area but if that si not Roscommon, could you suggest where else it might be

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Quinn Bannon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 December 06 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Seasons Greetings  patjohn,

I'm not sure where to suggest. I looked at Irish Ancestors Surname Search for Quinn and entered Bannon as the second surname. This covers the period of Griffith's Valuation of Ireland 1848 - 64. These surnames were found in the same parish throughout Ireland. You say about 1843 but that could be five years either side of that date. The christian names are fairly common ones. Have Michael, Thomas or Alice any other given names or just the one christian name?

Chris

Offline patjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Christopher

As far as I know they only have the one Christian name. I got Thomas and Alice's name from Michael's wedding record. This took place in Dundee Scotland. I think the date would only be one year either side of 1843 judging by his age at the time of marriage

Offline biggies

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 October 08 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My son is named Quinn Bannon. I wondered if you wouldn't mind sharing any geneology information that you find?

Thanks, Bob

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 October 08 08:38 BST (UK) »
Athlone is split between Counties - Westmeath and Roscommon, originally the county border was the river Shannon which divides the town. Parish records are available for both counties on http://www.irish-roots.ie

There are 20 possible births of a Michael Quinn in 1843 +/- 2 years, this narrows down to 5 if you include the Fathers name of Thomas. I have not found fathers name search feature to be reliable - as missing name, mistranscriptions, etc can confuse the seach.

This data is from the index which is free - unfortunately to find out more you have to pay to view the cert transcriptions. (€5)

Do you know a possible area or parish ? This could narrow down the results for you.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline patjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 October 08 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob

I am happy to share what I have with you. Do you want me to email it to you

patjohn

Offline patjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 October 08 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hello shanew

Thank you for your help I will need to think about paying to see these certificates but "murphy's law" it is sure to be the last one. I have tried the marriage records for Thomas and Alice for both Roscommon and Westmeath with little success. There are 7 marriage records for Thomas in Westmeath and 2 in Roscommon, but none at all for an Alice Bannon

Thanks anyway

patjohn