Author Topic: 1841 census, Ashton or Stalybridge  (Read 3491 times)

Offline sparkler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841 census, Ashton or Stalybridge
« on: Saturday 21 October 06 23:11 BST (UK) »
Could anyone please find Catherine Kirk or Bird, born c 1823 ,I don't know where but probably Ashton. She married my gg grandfather George Barden,  in 1845 in Ashton . I've found them on the other censuses, but have no idea of where she's from, and her father is not named on marriage cert.
I hope that this is for Cheshire requests, but cd be Lancashire!?

cheers
Kathy
Lovel(le)from Claremorris, O'Neil from Mayo, Barrett(Sligo) in 1820's and 30's then Holywell. .Mason from Biggin,Selby,Brayton,Hambleton,  Yorks  and Rodgers Crofts from Sheffield area; Bardens from Yorkshire and Oldham, Buckley Wood, Lancs/ Yorks,and Walsh, Oldham

Offline velpremus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census, Ashton or Stalybridge
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 06 00:25 BST (UK) »
Assuming that she was not still in Ireland. there is a possible Catherine Kirk  living in Dukinfield on Caroline Street.

There is no one else with the name Kirk on the page and due to the emumerator markimgs on the page she may be with a family of James McDonald, "aged 30" Shoemaker, Mary McDonald 60, Sarah McDonald 30 and Joseph  McDonald 20 all born Ireland. Or  Margaret Dumphy aged 30 Coal carrier born Ireland, Mary Dumphy aged 2 born Cheshire and a Sarah Blakely aged 6 born Cheshire.

HO/107 District 20 page 7 line 9

Please message me with your email addy if you want the image.

Offline RMcDonald

• RootsChat Extra
  • RAM IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 19:40 GMT (UK) »
velpremus,

I've just seen this email and wondered if you still had the details for he Joseph McDonald you mentioned.  Does it tell you his job, marital status, or where in Ireland he was born ?

Cheers
Rob  :D
MANCHESTER & SALFORD: Newton, McDonald, Buxton, Beeston, Bell, Chadwick, Darbyshire, Warburton, Heywood, Nall, Welsh
ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE: Gibbon, Newton
DERBYSHIRE: Ridgard, Broadhurst
KENT: Perrin, Simmons, Lavender
RICKMANSWORTH: Bryant
NORFOLK: Bryan
Ireland: McDonald, Maxwell

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Rob,
I have had a look for you- it's actually McDonnell and written as such- no occupation and relationships are not given in 1841.

best wishes
heywood  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk