Author Topic: Isn't it frustrating ...  (Read 5369 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Isn't it frustrating ...
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Dinie

I wasn't getting at anyone, just having a frustrating moment!!!

The trouble with email and texting is people are losing the ability to think before they type.  When we sent letters to people in the past you had a certain format you followed and so a coherent letter was hopefully sent.  The trouble with texting and email is we use so many abbreviations and everything is becoming so quick we are not sending emails that make any sense. 

We know what it is we are wanting to say but we don't always communicate that.

I say we cos I'm as guilty as everyone else!

It's just frustrating getting emails like that, because I'm not telepathic ::) ::) ::)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Isn't it frustrating ...
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 20:40 GMT (UK) »
I can't but agree!

I don't give out my tree to anyone unless they can prove there is a connection with me. I have no problem with sharing info with someone who is genuinely connected and having seen other family members pop up on GR I have either emailed or phoned them to tell them not to spend loads of £s on Scotland's People for records I already have and can easily email them.

I do make a point of replying to all messages and I get very annoyed when others don't make the same effort. How long does it take to send a quick email ?

I have used other folks tree info but have asked for their permission first and vice versa.

Alas there are still folks out there who think that genealogy is free! Suppose it is if they are plagarising other people's efforts.

I do find GR's Hot Matches irritating ! Occasionally useful tho.

Counting to 100 (10 never enough!)

Ann

Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-