Author Topic: Kilcogy, County Cavan  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Robert

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Kilcogy, County Cavan
« on: Thursday 11 November 04 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on Doyle families from Kilcogy in County Cavan, in particular the family of James Doyle and Judy/Julia Fitzsimmons. They were probably born about 1840. Their children include John, Myles, Michael, Pat, and Mary.  James and Judy/Julia were still alive in 1908 when their son married in Scotland, so if anyone had access to the 1901 census for Kilcogy I would be extremely grateful if they could find James and Judy/Julia on it.

thanks,
Robert.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Kilcogy, County Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 05 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Robert,

Do you know which branch of the Christian faith was followed by James & Judy/Julia ?
The 1901 Census should be available in the Public Record Office in Belfast. I have an ever increasing list of items and look ups to do there and will in due course post another message regarding this couple. I ask the question about their faith as they may also appear in Church records.

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline Robert

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Kilcogy, County Cavan
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 April 05 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reply. They were Catholic, if you manage to find anything that would be great. The years of birth for James and Julia/Judy's  children that I have are Mary 1864, James 1867, Patt 1869, Myles 1871 and John 1873.

Thanks,
Robert.