Author Topic: Help needed please  (Read 741 times)

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed please
« on: Saturday 28 October 06 15:37 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to locate a Joan Purcell b.1897 in Ireland.  She married Percy Simpkin in 1921 in Harrogate, Knaresborough in St Roberts Roman catholic Church (I have the cert).  They were married for 2 years and then separated. But here is the problem I have applied for Joans birth cert in Ireland and have been told it is not recorded.  I have checked british records for Joan and cannot find any apart from the marriage cert. 
Where did she come from?  What happened to her after her separation in 1923?  Which route do I take now I am stumped as to what to check next?  Any advice would be much appreciated as I am now getting really desparate.

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 06 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi brads,

What was Joan's fathers name?  There is a birth on the IGI of a Johanna Purcell to John Purcell and Jane Hickey in St Kierans, Kilkenny, Ireland on the 20 Apr 1897.

Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brads

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 October 06 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

I had seen this but the one I am looking for,  father was called Thomas and in 1921 was a land steward but I do not know where.