Author Topic: German immigrant  (Read 910 times)

Offline Haltonview

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
German immigrant
« on: Friday 12 November 04 04:13 GMT (UK) »
[lI am searching for information on the birthplace of German immigrant Ernest Oswin Ihle.  The 1901 census shows him in Manchester but he was married in July 1903 to Hannah Weigel Dangerfield in St. Annes Church, Parish of Stanley, Liverpool.   Later lived in Moreton, Cheshire.  He was interned in the IOM (Knockaloe Camp) during WW1.  He died 7 Jan 1934 at 107, Rice Lane, Walton (hospital).  Dau Phyllis Ella, Son Charles.  Two other daughters I think.  Residence at time of death, 92 Falkner St. Liverpool.  Any info. would be very much appreciated. 
Robin   eft][/left]

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: German immigrant
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 04 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robin,

I looked on the 1901 site but couldn't find Ernest in Manchester ??

Do you have an age for him ?

His wife, Hannah Weigel Dangerfield looks like she has german origins too: retaining the maiden name is very german. Can you find a marriage between a Weigel and a Dangerfield anywhere ?

As to Ernest's birthplace, here are a few ideas, but try repeating this request on the "immigrants" board, where it will be seen by other "german" searchers ...

my first "look-ups" are always GEDBAS:  http://gedbas.genealogy.net/index.jsp where I found 173 Ihle
and
http://www.geneanet.org/ where I found 233

In your original posting, you mentioned Chemnitz: of the 233 at geneanet, 5 were born in Chemnitz. Click on the contact links and try searching the web-sites that turn up, to see if you recognise any names.

Good luck !
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Haltonview

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: German immigrant
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 04 04:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, Bob, for all the information.  I am excited to search.  Will let you know if I succeed.

Robin