Author Topic: Sabiston's Of Orkney Islands  (Read 50584 times)

Offline Stangerlad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Stanger farm in Birsay, Orkney
    • View Profile
Re: Sabiston's Of Orkney Islands
« Reply #36 on: Monday 15 June 09 01:35 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for any information on the descendants of Thomas Sabiston and Ann Gorie - m.November 16, 1732 in Kirkwall, Orkney.  They had 5 children - John, David, Jannet, Magnus and Ann.
Davidson, Hourston, Murray, Robson, Sabiston, Stanger

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 15 June 09 17:46 BST (UK) »
Thomas Sabiston was born Bef 1714 in Orkney. He married Ann Gorie 16 Nov 1732 in Kirkwell & St. Ola, Orkney. She was born Bef 1714 in Orkney.
Thomas Sabiston and Ann Gorie were married 16 Nov 1732 in Kirkwell & St. Ola, Orkney.

Children of Thomas Sabiston & Ann Gorie are:

1- John Sabiston, born 25 May 1734, Holm, Orkney and Baptised 25 May 1734 Holm, Orkney.

2- David Sabiston, born 25 Jan 1735/36, Holm, Orlney and Baptised 25 Jan 1735/36 Holm, Orkney.

3- Janet Sabiston, born 24 jan 1737/38, Holm, Orkney and Baptised 24 Jan 1737/38 Holm, Orkney.

4- Magnus Sabiston, born 19 Oct 1740, Kirkwall, Orkney and Baptised 19 Oct 1740 Kirkwall, Orkney.

5- Ann Sabiston, born 24 Apr 1743, Kirkwall, Orkney and Baptised 24 Apr 1743 Kirkwall, Orkney.

Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline brinsleybrat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 29 October 09 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Dear Spence007,
My great -great -grandfather was William Allen Sabeston who was born in 1829. He is the son of Robert and Robina. He came to Canada with the Hudson Bay Company, married a girl from Toronto, and one of his daughters Georgina, married my great-grandfather David Allan Cameron. William Allen's last name became changed, somehow, to Sebastian. He ran a trading post in Paisley, Ontario, went west with his daughter, Georgina and died in Saskatchewan in 1911.

Cousin Al

Offline Stangerlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 30 October 09 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Cousin Al, or should I refer to you as 4th cousin once removed Al. 
Check your personal messages
Waiting for your reply.

Offline brothersab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 23:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for any information on the descendants of Thomas Sabiston and Ann Gorie - m.November 16, 1732 in Kirkwall, Orkney.  They had 5 children - John, David, Jannet, Magnus and Ann.
I believe I am descendant of Thomas & Ann's son David. My ancestor was David Sabiston born 1750 in NC but could that be the same David Sabiston born 1734 thereabouts? I am interested to tie the United States tree to Orkney with some help? Spanish eyes, Spence007 I believe we have corresponded previously. It appears Stangerlad & Birsayboy may be key? I appreciate any help?

Offline Stangerlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 19 February 11 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Anyone have any information on the ancestors of William Kirkness Sabiston who married Louise Rhoda Irvine having a son, William Alexander Sabiston May 22, 1929 in Midhouse, Birsay, Orkney?

William Alexander Sabiston married Mary Stanger Matches. I am related on the Matches side, but my grandmother was a Sabiston so I may be related on the other side as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Barry-Lion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 07 January 12 06:43 GMT (UK) »
I am descended from James Sabiston born 14 Oct 1795 in The Grue County Birsay who married Janet Sinclair born in Stromness in either 1793 or 1799 and I live in Australia and have a lot of family history.

His father was Robert Sabiston born 1766 who married Catherine Ina Linda Belly (Belli??) who was born in 1768.  His father was John Sabiston born in Stromness in 1726.  Can you help with any more information please?

regards
Barry-Lion

Offline Stangerlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 07 January 12 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Barry: I hope you got my PM. Unfortunately, I forgot to give you my e-mail:
Check your PM file.

Looking forward to hearing from you, cousin!

Offline Barry-Lion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 08 January 12 06:12 GMT (UK) »
James Sabiston's daughter. Elizabeth, born 10 Oct 1835, married John Rawbon of Bristol, Somerset, born06 May 1835 and died on 8 July 1911.  They are my garndparent grandparent

Barry-Lion