Author Topic: CLACHERTY/CLOCHERTY - Dumbarton  (Read 3305 times)

Offline tisonlymoi

• RootsChat Extra
  • I'm new to all of this so may ask daft questions!
    • View Profile
CLACHERTY/CLOCHERTY - Dumbarton
« on: Thursday 02 November 06 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I'm currently researching my family tree and have encountered a problem.

My Gt Grandparents who were both from Dumbarton (Clyde St) and married in 1909, they had 6 children one of whom was my Grandmother.  Their births started from 1910 onwards to 1922.

My problem is that Scotlands People only has birth records to 1905.

I know at some point the whole family moved to England and settled on Teesside but I've been unable to locate when that happened and there are no records relating to them at all on UK sites. 

Does anyone know where I can access birth records from 1910???????

I'm fairly new to all this (as you've probably already gathered)  ;D and any help at all would be hugely appreciated and if anyone knows or thinks they may be related please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks in advance.  Tis
DUMBARTON - Clocherty, Clacherty, Knox, Egan, Kelly, Cavan, McAlpine, Dougan, McQuade, McNamara, Hollern, Holleran, Reilly<br /><br />LEITH/EDINBURGH/BERWICKSHIRE - Logan, Nairn, Broomfield, Gray, Aitchison, Bird, Cummings, Murray, Johnston, Davidson, Purves<br /><br />MAYO, IRELAND - Mulloy, Molloy, Malloy<br /><br />ENGLAND - Robinson, Cave, Mullier, Parvin, McGee, Monaghan

Offline elizabeth.m

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: CLACHERTY/CLOCHERTY - Dumbarton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 November 06 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Do you have any details?  I am hoping to go to Strathclyde Genealogy Centre where you can check registers up to date.  Send me a private message with details if you have any.

I was interested to see that you had 2 names I am searching - Egan and McQuade, do you have details on them.  My McQuade's have lived in Dumbarton since 1830, and the Egan's connected through my Smith's go back to 1820, although I believe they went back and forward to Ireland as Bernard Egan was a Custom's and Excise man.  I also have a connection through marriage to Cavan's - Dumbarton is a small place.  We should share details.

Elizabeth
McQuade-Monaghan/Dumbarton, Lynn-Co Tyrone/Stirling/Dumbarton/Glasgow, McSporran-Campbelltown/Glasgow/Renton/Dumbarton,  Smith, Madden-Antrim/Dumbarton, McFarlane-Roseneath, Barr-Buncranna/Derry/Dumbarton

Offline tisonlymoi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 November 06 13:48 GMT (UK) »
I have PM'd you Elizabeth :)
DUMBARTON - Clocherty, Clacherty, Knox, Egan, Kelly, Cavan, McAlpine, Dougan, McQuade, McNamara, Hollern, Holleran, Reilly<br /><br />LEITH/EDINBURGH/BERWICKSHIRE - Logan, Nairn, Broomfield, Gray, Aitchison, Bird, Cummings, Murray, Johnston, Davidson, Purves<br /><br />MAYO, IRELAND - Mulloy, Molloy, Malloy<br /><br />ENGLAND - Robinson, Cave, Mullier, Parvin, McGee, Monaghan

Offline elizabeth.m

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 December 06 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tis

I still have not received the PM!!!  Please send again as there must have been a problem.

Liz
McQuade-Monaghan/Dumbarton, Lynn-Co Tyrone/Stirling/Dumbarton/Glasgow, McSporran-Campbelltown/Glasgow/Renton/Dumbarton,  Smith, Madden-Antrim/Dumbarton, McFarlane-Roseneath, Barr-Buncranna/Derry/Dumbarton

Offline tisonlymoi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 December 06 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz

It's still in my outbox - have just re-sent it!

If you don't get it give me a shout, Claire