Author Topic: Ann Geraghty  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Tantalus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Geraghty
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 January 10 06:47 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information about Ann Geraghty, c.1812 or 1817. Married Patrick Walsh from Duncran, Co. Galway, on 29 August, 1837 at Grisborough. He appears to have been her second husband. Her first husband was a John Clarkin, a soldier. They (John and Ann) had two children Thomas and Susannah, and they (the children) were the first Clarkins to set foot in New Zealand in October, 1847. I particularly would like to find out what happened to John Clarkin. Thank you.

Offline sileo2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 05:13 BST (UK) »
hi all,

A Catherine Geraty is listed as a baptismal sponsor for ancestor Edward Francis "Ned" Greene's in Sept 1877 in Moyvore Parish. There is a Catherine Hannon listed for an earlier siblings baptism. Does a Catherine Hannon who married a Geraty sound familiar to anyone ?

Offline Tantalus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 07:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry, not familiar to me. I have decided that that my Ann Geraghty was not married to my ancestor, John Clarkin. I previously thought that she might have been his first wife. Indications are that this is incorrect. It would appear that she and her husband, Patrick Walsh, accompanied John Clarkin's children, Thomas (10) and Susan(nah) (5) to New Zealand in 1847. I believe the Clarkin parents died prior to this and Patrick and Ann bought the orphaned children to New Zealand.